Search

.com Forum · Beauceron

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : Introduce Yourself! Kennel Updates and News / Accomplishments
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/5/2012 11:25:41 PM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post   

It'd be nice to get this forum going a little bit. Introduce yourself and give maybe a bit of history on your kennel and breeding program, and some accomplishments or updates! Please no sales or anything like that here.

For me, I started Beauceron at my old kennel "Warhead" which is the suffix I carry on to this day here at Leiden. The story behind the name Warhead is long and I won't bore you with it. But, it stuck. Since I purchased my first Beauceron, Bearhug Peekaboo (69.45) the SOP has jumped more than 20 points! But that was a long time ago, more than a year now. A lot of my favorite past dogs on this game are Beaux.

My current "best" is Ardeshiir, an 81.15 dog. His name means "mighty king" or "lion king" and I added an "i"; the original spelling is Ardeshir. I love using funky names like that!

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11700442 Sired by Ackerly vd Warhead and out of Akoya vd Warhead. Most of his 3-gen pedigree is Warhead with some AX, HR, and Wraith Guard help!

So hoping to finish him soon. His grandsire, Witherly, and his sire, Ackerly, are/were both GREAT producers of their time, I found, so hopefully Ardeshiir will be as well. I will have him up for stud soon!

My latest finish was Beau: www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11654264 at 21 days old, really nice boy sired by Ackerly as well and out of an "elderly" Ashanx bitch.

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to everyone posting.
Reina

bwu8
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2012 2:07:25 AM reply with quote send message to bwu8 Object to Post

Hi,My main breed is the beaceron I try to breed and show them although I'm not very good at finishing yet. My prefix is " bwu" because my first name starts with b and my surname begins with wu. Although I try to breed good dogs the sop is rising so steadily and fast so It makes it very challenging .

Thanks
 Apocalypse Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2012 12:19:09 PM reply with quote send message to Apocalypse Kennel Object to Post

Hello,
I am not new to the game since I have played for many years, but I am new to Beaucerons. I chose the prefix Apocalypse. There's nothing special other than I think it sounded like a nice name for a kennel. I hope to work with the breed and add to improvesments in it.
 Faucon Noir Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2012 10:07:47 AM reply with quote send message to Faucon Noir Kennels Object to Post

Hello everyone!

Let see... I only recently got started in Beauceron's. I was mainly focusing on French Bulldogs in this kennel, and was looking for another French breed to add. So far I am really enjoying them.

My best dog currently is a 80.45 bitch. I have only had a couple of litters so far, so I am still trying to get established. I have also managed to get a couple of dogs sessioned and in the ring, so things are moving along. happy :)

Qantum
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2012 6:25:58 PM reply with quote send message to Qantum Object to Post

Hi there!

I've kind of dabbled around in breeds before, like Dobermans, South African Boerboels, Akitas, Poodles etc. But Beaucerons always seem to stick with me! happy :)

I always use "Qtum" as my prefix, and I always have a small kennel (minuscule compared to some others) because most of the time I'm too lazy to finish a lot of dogs at the same time hahahah.

Best dog right now is www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11646031
Planning on breeding her sometime soon, just gotta find the right stud.

So yep. That's me. Cool.
Feel free to message me!!
happy :)
 Burning Desire Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/12/2012 2:41:58 PM reply with quote send message to Burning Desire Kennels Object to Post

Hello. I am new to the breed. I also have two other kennels: Shoot For The Stars Kennel and Alice In Wonderland Kennels. I decided to open a third kennel because I wanted to get into more breeds. I chose my kennel name because I like the sound of it and I have a Burning Desire to breed quality dogs and maybe even be the top breeder some day. Since I am new to the breed I do not have any updates or accomplishments yet. I have decided to start with four bitches and when they are of breeding age I will use outside studs until I become more established in the breed. In my other breeds I try to breed within my kennel. However, at times the COI because so high that I need to use outside studs in order to bring some fresh blood into the bloodlines. I look forward to hearing from everyone soon.
 Lustre
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2012 2:55:37 AM reply with quote send message to Lustre Object to Post

Hi! I'm KINDA new to Beaus but, not to SD. I used to have a few accounts back in 2003-2005 but I lost interest until recently. I had to decide what breed(s) to get into and the breed that interested me the most for some reason was Beaucerons. Both their looks and the mid range competition on here where the main reasons I picked them for my main breed.

Right now I THINK I managed to get the highest SOP male (for now lol) Lustres Cetus: www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11709542 and I'm pretty proud of that, same with GCH CH Lustres Lightning Storm who was the highest SOP for awhile. I'm also proud of GCH CH Lustres Ice Storm who did very well in shows, getting 2 BISS and is the 35 all time Beau at the moment. I guess I should say thanks to Reina for Aryah von der Warhead since she produced many of my good dogs, and thanks to HaldirsRose for Lustres Storm from HR who sired many of the awesome dogs as well!

Oh and I picked Lustre as my prefix because I have a character I made named Lustre that is half Beauceron (other half Catahoula Leopard Dog), So I figured it would fit :P
 Ashanx
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2012 11:28:12 PM reply with quote send message to Ashanx Object to Post

Hello all!

I've been breeding and showing Beaucerons since I first started, and I love the more relaxed and smaller community there is here compared to my other breeds.

I keep my program small, only two or three dogs at a time just to keep it going. I’m considering trying to breed back more harlequins, so if anyone has a bitch they can part with, let me know! wink ;)

My proudest accomplishment is finishing 15 of Ch. AX Deja’s pups to earn her silver dam!

Feel free to PM me with anything. happy :) Thanks
 Wraith Guard
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2012 8:35:05 PM reply with quote send message to Wraith Guard Object to Post

Sorry it's taken me so long to post here, I've been reading daily but just haven't had time to really sit down and type anything out. happy :)

I joined Beaus shortly after getting started in SD back in April. I love this breed irl. I discovered them when I was trying to figure out what breeds my first dog (a shelter dog) was. He looked a lot like one but we suspect he was a Catahoula/German Shep mix. Such a great dog I really miss him. sad :(

One of the first dogs I purchased when I joined was an awsome dog from Ashanx.

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11171375

He ended up #27 on the all time top Beau list!
He provided me with a very solid foundation to build on.

Shortly after I joined Warhead announced they were closing sad :( so I purchased some of their stock and then bred to their studs as much as I could to try to keep those lines going. I am soooo glad to see them back it just wasn't the same without Warhead Beaus kickin my butt laugh :D

I also added blood from Qtum, Lustre, HR.....you all have helped my lines greatly so thanks to everyone for being such a nice friendly community.

The first thing I noticed when I joined Beaus was the that merles had become non-exsistant. This would not do at all since my dog was a blue merle!
So began the quest to bring them back....
At first I resorted to source dogs and started to bring them back that way. Then I got lucky and managed to find an older merle stud in a defunct basic account that I could breed to. Things began to pick up a bit but were still going very slow.
Finally one night (you'd think I have better things to do) I found a Merle bitch FOR SALE in an old basic that wasn't terribly behind in sop!
So this lovely girl from HR is pretty much the foundation for the Merles in my kennel.

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?name=HR Coquettish Carol

As for my current Beaus I am most proud that the merles are now back in the ring and going strong. Anyone looking to add this color to their program just ask. happy :)
My highest merle atm is this guy....

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11738919

and my highest overall....

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11738913

so I have some catching up to do laugh :D

If you need anything just ask I only bite on the second Tuesday of the week!

Wraith Guard
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2012 6:10:06 PM reply with quote send message to Wraith Guard Object to Post

Whoot ......new highest sop merle for my kennel happy :)

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11759237

Dynastie
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2012 4:28:33 PM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post

I just joined and I love the breed, my first was a Warhead bloodline, and I got my highest SOP from a Warhead line:

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11794262

very excited to get into the ring!
 Wraith Guard
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2012 5:21:54 PM reply with quote send message to Wraith Guard Object to Post

Welcome!
That is one really nice pup. happy :)

Lustre
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2013 4:23:43 PM reply with quote send message to Lustre Object to Post

Figured I'd bring this thread back to life (at least a bit!).
I'm finally seeing the results with my starter dog bred dogs( breeding starter to one the best SOP in breed, then the best pup to one of the best SOP in breed, etc)! I got this boy today:
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12045149
and these three pretties a couple weeks ago:
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12005163
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12005162
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12005161
I can't wait to see what others and these guys produce!
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2013 4:41:31 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

Wow! That's an intense jump, Lustre, Congrats on them! Source breeding sure can feel like a massive chore but once you start getting close to show quality, it seems all worth it. Cool traits on those guys.

A little update in my kennel... my current best Beau is Saverio www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12021242 who is an 83.6 and I've just about gotten all green out of him, except for his forequarter. That dang forequarter...

His sire, Emiliano, is the one who is doing the best in shows right now of all my Beaux in my kennel. www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11923154 He is also a good producer; produced Saverio among others.

Starting to try color breeding from source, of the double merle harlequin w/ rust. It doesn't exist in Show quality dogs that I know of. Plus it'll be nice to bring in new blood and traits.

I love this breed!
 Lustre
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2013 4:36:44 AM reply with quote send message to Lustre Object to Post

Another big jump from semi-sorce dogs! www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12171121
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2013 4:24:02 PM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

HOLY!!!! That's almost an entire 5-point jump from the sire!!! Crazy! Congratulations!
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2013 3:39:51 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

A vd Warhead stud does it again! At a high SOP of 84.85, he has produced 85, 85.35 (both from an 83.8 bitch), and 85.55 from an 84.1 bitch in only ten days of breedability. Quentiliano is available for stud at $100. I think he produces best aiming for higher size. His is 9.0, all traits greenless.
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12282837

Replies in this thread : 16

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.