.com Forum · Caucasian Mountain Dog

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Anyone Out There?!
 Catori Caucasians
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/13/2010 8:15:22 AM reply with quote send message to Catori Caucasians Object to Post   

I just wanted to post on the forum and say hi since this place has been pretty dead. I'm also wondering how many active CMD breeders we have? I'm source breeding so mine are a bit behind in quality, but I am sessioning to show so hopefully now that I'm almost caught up I can help with the show scene. Also I'm happy to help in any way I can. I've been playing SD for a couple years now, though this is my only active kennel now (had 8 at one point). Anyway maybe we can get this forum more active. What's the highest SOP?? I saw a couple 92's. I have a 91 so hopefully I'm almost caught up!
Smiles
Nic
 Catori Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2010 7:43:09 AM reply with quote send message to Catori Caucasians Object to Post

I got a 91.8!! Hopefully, this will help me catch up to you guys and really bring some showing and competition! happy :)
Smiles
Nic
 Hawking
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/20/2010 11:38:47 AM reply with quote send message to Hawking Object to Post

I'm here! happy :)
 Wolf Point
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2010 1:39:55 PM reply with quote send message to Wolf Point Object to Post

Me too happy :)
 Catori Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 7:53:21 AM reply with quote send message to Catori Caucasians Object to Post

Are CMD's right at the 92 sop? Or do we have any 93's??
Smiles
Nic
 Boxen
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2010 12:08:33 PM reply with quote send message to Boxen Object to Post

Hello,
I too am new to the breed and just bred a starter to CH Wild Alaska Mine. The pups will settle next week and I can see if it was a good breeding or a dissater. I have some irish red, an Irish grey and grey. I do not know how much new genetics we need so let me know if you are interested in any of them when they settle. If I have no takers I will FH what dosent look good. So feel free to let me know if you are interested in any. It was a litter of six and so will need to sell or FH one as soon as they settle.
 Wolf Point
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2010 1:08:17 PM reply with quote send message to Wolf Point Object to Post

You won't get good quality dogs when breeding out of a starter, no matter how good your stud is. Remember, it takes BOTH parents to be good for good puppies to be obtained wink ;)
 Boxen
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2010 3:01:18 PM reply with quote send message to Boxen Object to Post

posted by Wolf Point
You won't get good quality dogs when breeding out of a starter, no matter how good your stud is. Remember, it takes BOTH parents to be good for good puppies to be obtained wink ;)
Yes but all the dogs on here started out from starters. This breed is still very new and we could end up with way to many inbred dogs with too small a gene pool. I know it's a game but all breeds started out with dogs that were not perfect. We do not have enough people comming in to get other starter dogs into the higher percentages. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 Wolf Point
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2010 4:31:51 AM reply with quote send message to Wolf Point Object to Post

Well, either way you'll have to upgrade to breed again. It takes lots of breedings to catch up with the current quality when breeding with starters.
 Boxen
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2010 12:48:34 PM reply with quote send message to Boxen Object to Post

posted by Wolf Point
Well, either way you'll have to upgrade to breed again. It takes lots of breedings to catch up with the current quality when breeding with starters.
I am seriously considering it.
 Wolf Point
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2010 2:28:57 PM reply with quote send message to Wolf Point Object to Post

That would be good for the breed. There is so few of us breeding Caucasians...
 Catori Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2010 8:46:08 AM reply with quote send message to Catori Caucasians Object to Post

This breed still has a diverse enough gene pool to not need to go to starters if a breeder isn't trying to do a source bred line. My line is completely unrelated to anyone else's lines as I'm source breeding and do not outcross with other 'current' stock. I do agree it'd be nice to see more CMD breeders though! If you watch the rare breed account button CMD's show up there from time to time so you could upgrade a bit cheaper that way. wink ;) Hopefully, you'll stick around!

Smiles
Nic
 Skylar2010
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2010 2:48:57 AM reply with quote send message to Skylar2010 Object to Post

I'm new..to the breed. I was on SD for 2 years as a basic. (Parents would never let me get an account) Now I am back. I'm going to try and start with my horrible Starters and attempt to work my way up. Hoping to be a Premium user next month. So I can accomplish starting my own line of CMDs. =]
 Catori Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2010 7:03:33 AM reply with quote send message to Catori Caucasians Object to Post

Welcome to the breed! I'll warn you it's taken me nearly 3 yrs to get caught up from starters and when I started the breed was still in the 70's SOP wise! shocked 8O
Smiles
Nic
 Boxen
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2011 12:26:08 AM reply with quote send message to Boxen Object to Post

Well I like the breed. I really do not have time to breed like I had hopped. So I have been buying a pup here and there and trying to title it. I just titled Ch ESAN* Snow Racer and just purchased another pup to try to title. Thats all I have been able to do for the breed. Thats 3 I have titled since I started back last year. So I feel confident this higher SOP pup will title very quickly. Talk to you guys later and have fun.
 Mount Fluff Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2012 4:37:13 AM reply with quote send message to Mount Fluff Kennels Object to Post

I'm switching to CMDs and I am looking to purchase a dog to show.
 Mount Fluff Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2012 3:04:33 PM reply with quote send message to Mount Fluff Kennels Object to Post

Oops, now I'm back to BMD. Sorry sad :( .
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/27/2012 2:29:37 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

This is a really old post, I know, but I thought I'd put in my two cents.

I joined the CMD after wanting to for a long time but never did for some reason, and purchased my first one from Zephyr Mountain (who actually has added me to her/his family account; many thanks for your kindness!) , Zephyrs Red Dawn. I bred her to Catori Rage and kept quite a few of them, including .DH* Red Rage (76.4) who was just bred back to the Zephyr name, to Zephyrs Red Rum (77.65). The litter settled today and lookie here, got a male at 78.65 SOP. An entire point jump from the sire and more than two-point jump from the dam. So I'm pretty excited about that. My previous F2 CMD litters were mostly all FH'd, unfortunately, so finally seeing some progress!

Reina
 Catori Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2012 6:09:08 AM reply with quote send message to Catori Caucasians Object to Post

Welcome to the breed! The start of summer saw and influx of new CMD kennels (and some added cashflow!). Hopefully, some of the new ones will stick around. I've been breaking the 78 SOP, too. It's always nice when the breed hits a "growth spurt"! laugh :D Anyway, thanks for joining us!
Smiles
Nic
 Zephyr Mountain
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2012 2:07:16 AM reply with quote send message to Zephyr Mountain Object to Post

So glad you joined us and grats on that super nice boy!

The influx of new kennels has been so fun. I have to admit out of a lot of breeds I've tried out I REALLY enjoy this one. Everyones friendly and it's great to have a breed that you really see improvement in!

Now to go give my kennel a pep talk since you've both flown past me lol.

laugh :D

Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2012 12:10:21 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Thanks you two for replying! I'm excited to be in the breed and it is true, everyone is really nice and helpful. I'm in a lot of breeds where the breeding community is really kind of stuck up lol and not really helpful, so this is a refreshment, especially in a more or less "rare" breed on SD.

Reina

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.