Search

.com Forum · Thai Ridgeback

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : I dont know if anyone has realised?
 Pendrosia
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/23/2010 1:02:38 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post   

I am not sure if anyone has payed attention lately, but our breed is dying. I hate to be depressing but we are in red alert for new players. The forums are dead, and Im sure that only one or two will get this note. There arent nearly as many showing, and I find myself with no competition at all (sorry to down some who have been trying, but speaking on a general basis. I dont know about everyone else out there, but I am definitly not going to sit back and watch this breed sink.

What happened to the days where you would get replies on everything posted in the forums. Even if it were just a quick "congrats", there was activity. The breed was buzzing with new accomplishments.

In order to get new players we need to be welcoming. Draw them in, dont push them away.

As a single kennel there is only so much that I can offer, so I need the help of others. Place puppies up for sale, adults even. Try to check the forums. Also, if you have time, please recommend us in the forums (not breed, as in alpha dog or general). It would be great to get some support, as I know I have been posting. Also a great thankz to those who have supported the breed (trentskennel2), its really great to get people aware of us.

This was not aimed to down anyone, just as a point of topic of how bad its gotten.

Dont let the breed die...

Pendrosia
 EmpireCity
Basic User

Basic User
4/23/2010 6:53:16 PM reply with quote send message to EmpireCity Object to Post

Due to finances, I'm having to be overly selective in which dogs I keep, and even more careful about which I show. It's doubly hard since I have two breeds, but I'm definitely willing to help out where I can. I'll try to sell the decent pups I'd otherwise FH; it's at least worth a try.
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2010 4:08:55 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Thankyou very much, any any help that you can give is great happy :)

Pendrosia
 Kwality Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2010 6:41:19 PM reply with quote send message to Kwality Kennels Object to Post

I have only just come back to thais and i have noticed this too. once i get more established i can help new players out. Must say thank you to Pendrosia for selling me my first one too happy :)
 trentskennel2
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2010 1:20:07 PM reply with quote send message to trentskennel2 Object to Post

Empire, ill keep an eye out, but shoot me an email when you have some pups settle, and id love to help you out, not sure how bad your finances are, but maybe i can help a bit, and id love to get some better dogshappy :)
 EmpireCity
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2010 10:44:15 PM reply with quote send message to EmpireCity Object to Post

I have 2 litters settling in a couple of days, so I'll try to remember not to be so quick to hit the FH button. Depending on how those litters turn out, I may have a brood bitch too.

By the by, it's not as bad as I made out— I'm still in the black; it just makes me nervous to be under 2,500 and I seem to be gradually but constantly losing money.
 trentskennel2
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2010 11:53:04 PM reply with quote send message to trentskennel2 Object to Post

i know how that goes, but im well above 2500 now,
well regardless,maybe we can get you showing morewink ;)
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2010 1:41:13 PM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Thankyou guys, your effort is much appreciated.

Pendrosia.
 Sonatos
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2010 6:50:41 PM reply with quote send message to Sonatos Object to Post

Pendrosia

I have been in this breed since just after it was created…

This breed is dying yes! But some breeders are not helping the matter!

Today I went to breed 2 of my thais. When I looked on the stud list there are only 4 thai boys on it!

There are a lot more boys in your kennel, Pendrosia…why are you not placing these up?

It makes me a little angry as how can you continue with this breed if breeders are going to be exclusive with there studs etc…

If the breed dies it will be these breeders doing this that caused it!

Just a thought

Sonatos
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2010 1:27:43 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Sonatos,

Yes, I agree, my studs were not up.

But, they have been for quite a while, and I did not realise that they wernt.

I only have 3 males in my kennel eligable for stud at the moment, a few others are young and 2 are 28 days.

Thankyou though, for making me aware of this.

Pendrosia

NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2010 3:14:44 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Hey, there!

I'm primarily an Afghan girl (real-life loyalties, and all that), but very interested in dabbling. I picked up a decent (SOP 90.7) pup recently, and DO plan to show him, once he's sessioned up. I'm not too likely to keep more than a few Thais, but I'll do what I can.

I've been tossing around the idea of buying a bitch too, but I'm not entirely sure, as yet. If I were to do some small-scale Thai breeding (maybe a litter every other month), what would you folks recommend? Would it be more helpful to the breed if I went with traits, or tried to pick up a starter bitch to keep COI% under control?

PS-It was one of yours, EC happy :)

I have edited this a million times...ah well.
 Riverlynn
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2010 5:13:43 PM reply with quote send message to Riverlynn Object to Post

New here, but considering what I've seen, we're still large enough not to need starters if we breed carefully. I say go for traits. happy :)

~Riverlynn
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2010 6:59:14 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

posted by Riverlynn
New here, but considering what I've seen, we're still large enough not to need starters if we breed carefully. I say go for traits. happy :)

~Riverlynn

Alright, bought a lil girl. happy :) If anyone ends up with/wants to unload a bitch with a good Top Neck and Back and/or Temperament, go ahead and let me know; I think I can find the room for two, especially at this point.

Also I took a gamble and entered my boy in the Cook's 5th show on June 3rd, hoping he'll be ready; come face him if you dare :P
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2010 1:37:17 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Hello!

Welcome to the breed.

Sorry not to get back to you sooner, I didnt see your post.

Like Riverlynn said, we arent small enough to bring in starters, and our COI is nice and under control.

If you are interested in some more dogs, I have quite a few very nice puppies up for sale that would finish in shows and make nice breeding dogs.

If you need anything else then please let me know!

Pendrosia
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2010 6:17:02 AM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Found a girl that caught my "interest", Pendrosia. (Yes, I know; bad pun.) I am now drowning in Thai puppies. Then again, after seeing some pictures of Thai puppies, I don't see that as a remotely bad thing. Also two probably doesn't count as drowning. Oh well.

Anyway, would it make sense to sort of put up a show-watch, here? From what I understand it's difficult to finish a Thai due to lack of entries, so maybe we could announce which shows we plan to attend so that we can all be efficient about it, and look for those ones?
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2010 3:36:38 PM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Thankyou for buying that bitch, she should give you some nice puppieshappy :)

As for the show watch, its not a bad idea. I tend to enter the biggest show for the day, and I put 1 or 2 entries in. Maybe if we all tried to enter the biggest show, then we could atleast get a major?

Pendrosia
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2010 7:10:39 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Sounds like a plan. As I said, it'll be a while before my crew is ready, but once they are I'm there! I imagine that if we CAN get majors in, we'll look a whole lot more fun.
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2010 5:03:58 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Yes. That has been my struggle. Although we are a great breed, and very welcoming, players turn away because of the lack of breeders and showers.

Pendrosia
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2010 6:25:31 AM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Well, I can help with the showing aspect, at least. I can probably also act as a sort of ditzy greeter on the forums, since I spend what's probably way too much time online. happy :) I've got to say it's fun to find a community pulling together like this; I only wish my primary breed was so active!

WHOAH! I just checked the Dogs for Sale and all but two are gone! Maybe we're on our way up already?

Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2010 2:09:44 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Hey.

Whatever you can do is great happy :)

I had a lot of dogs up for sale, well puppies atleast but they all turned 14days, so they were fhed.

Pendrosia
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2010 9:00:28 AM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

posted by Pendrosia
Hey.

Whatever you can do is great happy :)

I had a lot of dogs up for sale, well puppies atleast but they all turned 14days, so they were fhed.

Pendrosia

Aww...a part of me was afraid of that, but I wanted to stay positive.

Is it bad that I'm now considering staring a straight-up Thai kennel once I have a job lined up for next year? This is what those testimonials meant about the game being addictive, wasn't it?

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.