.com Forum · Thai Ridgeback

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2010 5:27:39 PM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Lol. The game does get addictive, and so do Thais. I have been in Thais for 3 years now. However, I started off in them in Maxred (you may see Maxred in nearly ever pedigree of every dog nowdays :P) and then I moved dogs over to this kennel.

Pendrosia
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2010 7:00:02 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

I suppose I may as well at least consider getting a basic account and picking up a pup to show once your next litter settles, and then upgrading it once I'm able. It honestly seems like the showing is more of an issue than the breeding; you ended up FHing some great pups sad :(

Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2010 12:04:47 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Yes, I know. I do that just about everytime I have a litter settle. I dont have room for all of the puppies, so the quality ones sometimes have to be fhed. I guess its a case of Supply vs Demand. Theres just not enough Demand right now.

Pendrosia
 bsgk4
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/9/2010 12:17:59 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk4 Object to Post

I am switching breeds and am interested in working with TR's. Let me know when your litters settle, and I can get a few pups. I hope to get pups from different breeders so I can get some different bloodlines.

It seems there is only a Source Dog available on the sale boards. The other dog seems recently purchased by another TR owner. So, I'll have to wait. Thanks so much!
bsgk4/Mary
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2010 3:51:18 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Hey,

That'd be great if you could give this breed a go. I will have puppies settle in around 7days for you. Just contact me if you need anything else happy :)

Oh and, welcome to the breed!

Pendrosia
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2010 6:41:21 AM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Yay! Welcome aboard!

I just started in the breed, too, and I can already tell you that you won't regret it. You can get AMAZING pups for next to nothing, and we're working on making the showing aspect more fun. You'll be a big help, thanks for joining!
 trentskennel2
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2010 12:04:36 PM reply with quote send message to trentskennel2 Object to Post

pendrosia,
i wish i would have known about your puppies, i havent really been checking the forums much(finals and fun stuff)
but i do log in and check my emails , trying to at least daily, shoot me an email before you FH anybody next time and ill take a look!
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2010 1:39:34 PM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Ok,

Ill try to send emails to notify everyone about puppies up for sale.

Pendrosia
 bsgk4
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/9/2010 8:45:29 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk4 Object to Post

Thanks for the hearty welcome. I just bought my first pup and will wait for the next litters to settle.
 Kwality Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2010 11:57:34 PM reply with quote send message to Kwality Kennels Object to Post

Sorry..i stoled that pup happy :) I have a few nearly fully sessioned so i can start to help with showing..i have one dog entered in the big shows for the next two weeks or so...hopefully we can get some majors

kate @ kwality
 bsgk4
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2010 9:46:33 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk4 Object to Post

Hey, I am not opposed to entering a not-fully-sessioned dog if anybody is trying to finish an older dog. I know it's hard to win a major sometimes when the clock is running out. Just let me know. It will take me a while to session several new pups.
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2010 12:57:12 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

That sounds great. I have come to the conclusion of show stacking at times, but I feel as though its not quite a "win" anymore. It'd be great to have some competition happy :)

Pendrosia
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2010 9:07:05 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Just came up with another possibility to make this breed more showable.

Do you think it would make a difference if, once a month or so, we adopted a show and added a Ridgeback payout? If they weren't so darn expensive I would suggest sponsoring specialties, but I think a $50 payout is much more reasonable. It would probably at least start out as the equivalent of poker night with the girls/guys, but it might eventually make showing Thais more fun, right?
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2010 4:02:44 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Sounds like a great idea!.

All of my kennels are in great shape, so I wouldnt mind adding a specialty + payouts each month.

For this month, Ill make the specialty for the 29th and add payouts for each award.

Maybe that'll encourage new breeders?

Now lets work on getting the entries in!

Pendrosia

ETA: Show is called "Thai Frenzy 1" and has $100 for Best In Breed, and $50 for winners bitch and dog. Its on the 29th. Sponsored by another kennel of mine. Enjoy happy :)
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2010 6:20:20 AM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Yay! Thank you, Pendrosia! Monthly specialties will be a good thing to mention in those "looking for a breed" threads. laugh :D
 Thairidges!
Basic User

Basic User
3/14/2011 6:54:26 PM reply with quote send message to Thairidges! Object to Post

What does FHed mean??? Does it mean nuetered or spayed? The only reason i got into this breed is because I had a Thai ridgeback once before, but she was mean to my pup and cat so she was given to the shelter and she was so mean and untrainable they euthanized her!! That's why I named one of my dogs ThaiTi. She was the black one, just like my dog Thai. :'(
 bsgk4
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/15/2011 7:24:20 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk4 Object to Post

FH means Forever Homed. It's when you give a dog away so s/he can no longer show or be bred.
 Pretty Girl Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2011 4:04:52 PM reply with quote send message to Pretty Girl Kennels Object to Post

Ill join with you! I know I cant breed more than one time but I do have a Thai boy. I plan to sessoin and show him. Any one got a female I could buy? I have a pretty nice boy. Check him out if you want.
 Apollinax
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2011 11:32:51 AM reply with quote send message to Apollinax Object to Post

I just created a few new accounts when I upgraded to family, and all of my starter dogs are Thais because I figured they could use them. I ended up with 2-3 (good for starter) bitches with 45 - 50 SOP. I bred one of them to a stud, but had a hard time finding studs!

Only 1 is listed on the Thai stud list, and the others I had to find by poking around. If anyone has any better quality bitches or show quality pups, I'd be interested.
 StarDust Ridgebacks
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2011 11:48:10 PM reply with quote send message to StarDust Ridgebacks Object to Post

This is my second current premium account and I am focusing on source breeding Thai Ridgebacks happy :) Just entered a bunch in shows and sponsored a specialty for them happy :) I am also looking for any available starter Thais if anyone has any happy :)

-StarRidge

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.