Search

.com Forum · Appenzeller Sennenhund

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : Breed Club
 roymars
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/3/2009 12:33:05 AM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post   

In an attempt to improve the popularity of the breed and get all kennels working together we are aiming to introduce a Breed Club. Two kennels have kindly offered to get this set up and I am willing to keep it up to date if necessary. We want as many kennels as possible to be involved in this so if you have any ideas about sections to be included please post them here.

The Different Kind has already suggested a helpful kennels section, for kennels who are just getting started in the breed and would like a little help(mentor if you like) and most improved kennels section, kennels that have had the most sucess with their dogs/finishing others.

There is already a club that awards 'trophies' for attaining 10 in any trait and 20 in SS so this could be another section.

Due to lack of kennels in the breed it may also be worth including a section listing abandoned kennels that still have old studs up too?

Julie.
 Deliverence Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2009 1:50:23 PM reply with quote send message to Deliverence Kennels Object to Post

Just my 2 cents but most of the clubs started on SD go by the way side after 6-8 months for various reasons, mostly due to people leaving either the breed or SD entirely.
I'd love to see a club for us, being computer illiterate I'd be no help. The Buhund Club has a very nice web page who ever is getting ours going might want to take a look at theirs.

Let me know if there is anything I can work on that does not invole codes...key pads ect... laugh :D
 Dragonland
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2009 4:32:37 PM reply with quote send message to Dragonland Object to Post

I thought we could do a mountain theme for our club. First I made a banner for our kennel slogan.

Let me know what you all think! I am also atempting to make a website. I will post it here when I am done or need help with anything. I didn't have to work today, so I had some extra time!

Thank you, Ashley
 roymars
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/3/2009 5:41:17 PM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post

There has always got to be a party-pooper so Deliverence has got that job and it doesn't involve codes ... keypads etc lol. Joking aside I do agree that Breed Clubs usually fall apart very quickly so let's try to be the one that survives! We will all blame Ashley if it doesn't lol but after all her hard work I don't think she will let that happen!! Thanks for doing the banner Ashley. Its really great, well done. happy :)

Julie.
 Dragonland
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2009 12:56:57 AM reply with quote send message to Dragonland Object to Post

Here it is:

www.appenzellerclub.webs.com

I already put some kennels in the members page. Let me know if I got everyone! Also let me know if you want to become a mentor.

Let me know if any of you have any suggestions or comments.

Thank you,
Ashley
 Rhoslyn Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2009 6:54:54 AM reply with quote send message to Rhoslyn Kennels Object to Post

Well done Ashley. I really like the banner and I am going to look at the breed club now.

Rosie.
 Deliverence Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2009 3:20:29 PM reply with quote send message to Deliverence Kennels Object to Post

Cool...my offical job...Nay Sayer happy :)... I can do that.

site looks great!

Sign me up!!!!!

Can we use the banner on our page now??
 roymars
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2009 3:44:16 PM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post

You are added already I think and yes you can use the banner lol. Have you had a look at the 'perfect' awards? Bet you get one for your SS soon!

Julie..
 Lunas Moon
Basic User

Basic User
3/5/2009 11:12:57 AM reply with quote send message to Lunas Moon Object to Post

I'll join ...please

LM
 roymars
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/5/2009 3:49:56 PM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post

Thank you Lunas Moon, I have added you.

Julie.
 Dragonland
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2009 12:44:33 AM reply with quote send message to Dragonland Object to Post

Thank you, Rosie.

I was thinking about putting the highest SOP on the website. Anyone know who has the highest? My highest is 81.6% right now.
 roymars
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2009 5:20:07 AM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post

I have got an 81.9.

Julie.
 Dragonland
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2009 6:03:32 PM reply with quote send message to Dragonland Object to Post

Just about hit the 82% mark!
 roymars
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2009 2:48:16 PM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post

I had thought that you meant you had hit the 82%. Having the old man home must have pickled my brain lol.

Julie.
 roymars
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2009 10:51:28 AM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post

I have updated the New Champions page of the Appenzeller Breed Club. Instead of having entries in date order I have now put each new champ under the kennel who finished him/her. It is a while since it was updated so please check and if I have forgotten to add anyone please let me know so that I can include you happy :)

I have also updated the Awards page so please claim your GP if you have had Best in Breed, Best Dog or Best Bitch in the Nationals.

Julie.
 roymars
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2009 10:55:13 AM reply with quote send message to roymars Object to Post

PS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sue, this means you lol happy :) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 tiana01
Basic User

Basic User
10/15/2011 9:14:28 PM reply with quote send message to tiana01 Object to Post

ill join and can some one put a dog and a bitch up for sale coz i cant find where to get the starter dogs so i dont have a dog at all please help me now

Replies in this thread : 16

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.