.com Forum · Belgian Laekenois

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Cornus
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2008 8:00:36 AM reply with quote send message to Cornus Object to Post

Most of the shorter Laekn coats have come from the Malinois X Laeken breedings. Since there is such a small gene pool for Leaken they are often breed with Mals. These offspring are then bred back to Laeken lines. So there are shorter and longer coats on the Laeken. The long coat from the Laeken X Terv breeding mentioned above is the only one I have seen like that. Terv X Laeken breedings are not recommended so I would not include that in the gene pool.

The two lengths I commonly see are the ones in the 2 to 2.5 inch range that the standard calls for. And a shorter one that comes down from the Malinois lines.

Also, here are some links to photos from the latest UBSDA National Specialty. There were several Laekens that were shown at the event.

www.pawprintspet.com/UBSDA%20Thur%2010-08.html

www.pawprintspet.com/UBSDA%20Sat%2010-08.html

Spirit Mountain
Basic User

Basic User
11/14/2008 9:25:40 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Mountain Object to Post

So do we agree on what we have or do we take out the shorter coats?
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
11/14/2008 9:59:04 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I think it sounded like everyone agreed, including both short and long wires. -Neb
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2010 3:50:41 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

Hello,

Below is the coding I found for the Laekenois colors. Do you know if this is still correct? Or if it was changed after everyone agreed to what varieties of coats/colors?

Thanks. If you do not know the answer to this do you know where else I can find the Laek genetics?

Thank you,
TCrown

posted by Lilliput
Ok, here we go-

Em- mask
E- no mask

C-mahogany
Cch-red
chch-fawn

L-short wire
ll-long wire

Mahogany Short Wire w/ Mask
Em-/CC/L-

Mahogany Short Wire
EE/CC/L-

Red Short Wire w/ Mask
Em-/Cch/L-

Red Short Wire
EE/Cch/L-

Fawn Short Wire w/ Mask
Em-/chch/L-

Fawn Short Wire
EE/chch/L-

Mahogany Long Wire w/ Mask
Em-/CC/ll

Mahogany Long Wire
EE/CC/ll

Red Long Wire w/ Mask
Em-/Cch/ll

Red Long Wire
EE/Cch/ll

Fawn Long Wire w/ Mask
Em-/chch/ll

Fawn Long Wire
EE/chch/ll

Redskyatnight
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2013 9:10:41 AM reply with quote send message to Redskyatnight Object to Post

bump happy :)

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.