Search

.com Forum · Lagotto Romagnolo

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : A Cry For Help...
 Amoroso
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/8/2013 5:04:14 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post   

Maybe I am just odd, but breeding Lagottos has gotten quite lonely...obviously, I know there are other breeders, but we all seem to keep to ourselves! In general, I really enjoy showing AND breeding, and I have been drawn to this breed for some time. However, with my dogs being the only entries nearly every night for quite some time, it's getting quite discouraging. Since I never make money off of this breed either, I am considering dropping them from my kennel, but really would rather not. So, I'm asking for help! I would really like to recruit some new breeders that are interested in raising SOP and showing in order to make this breed fun again. After all, Showdog is a game! If we are able to get at least ten entries in a show consistently soon, I would love to sponsor an additional specialty happy :)

To non-Lagotti breeders, have you ever had a breed like this where you are stuck about what to do? I really don't want to drop them since I have had this breed for a while and did really enjoy it (having some nice ones), but it's hard when it's this monotonous...
 Maricruz Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2013 7:21:46 AM reply with quote send message to Maricruz Kennels Object to Post

Hey dont worry! I got a bitch sessioning for show. Youll see me in the ring anytime soon.

Nat
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/9/2013 12:54:01 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Oh, great! happy :) To get majors, I can always session up some others that I wasn't planning on showing (in dachshunds, I only session when I get to a certain threshold in SOP, but I will session lesser dogs if it means making a major). However, last night ended up being a 5 point if you won the breed, thanks to Brocolitia! laugh :D

Em

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 9/9/2013 12:54:20 PM
 Hermoso
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2014 9:58:55 AM reply with quote send message to Hermoso Object to Post

i know this is somewhat of an old post but id love to join the breed! i used to play a lot on here a few years back and i made this account and its some how made specifically for rare breeds, LR's are the only breed I'm allowed in it (was made back when they were first added to SD) anyway id love get started if anyones got a few broads to spare! ill need a some advice to point me in the right direction but I'm willing to try! =)
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2014 1:10:48 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I left Lagotti about a year ago, because I was literally the only breeder and it got very, very lonely. I was just too competitive to hang in there, although I was active for over a year in them and did enjoy them sad :( To the best of my knowledge, Brocolitia is still the only one breeding Lagotti currently, so I would go to her for help. I may be willing to buy a nice pup and help out with showing, though, and see if I would like to get back into the swing of things happy :) Welcome back!

Em
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2014 1:13:30 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Also, what is the threshold for being considered a "rare" breed on here? Just wondering because I am involved in Portuguese Water Dogs on my other account and we are a very small group (2-3 breeders depending on the time of year), but not sure if we are considered "rare" enough since I do consistently show mine lol.
 Hermoso
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2014 8:35:12 PM reply with quote send message to Hermoso Object to Post

im not sure how this account is considered one, i think its because i made it when SD added those new breeds. Al i know is i literally can't buy any other breeds, iv tried. haha which is fine i like the smaller breeds esp if theres people around willing to help fill shows! =)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/22/2015 9:35:50 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Saw my first real one at the shows last weekend.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.