Search

Showdog.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 55
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/10/2013 9:10:11 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Beautiful, Kristy! I love the concept on the Europa Black one.

Alexandria
 Prophesy
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/10/2013 2:33:07 PM reply with quote send message to Prophesy Object to Post

Ok, seriously I need one of these...

Kennel Name: Prophesy
Slogan/Other Text: Divinely Inspired Rottweilers
Breed(s): Rottweiler
Theme: I don't know why, but I think of "Lion King" with the big rock and the "king standing on it all kingly and such. Lol. Just something that really depicts that the dog is royalty.
Background Ideas: Kinda work from the theme.
Colors: I'm ok with greys and neutrals, I'm not big on bright colors. No pink. Lol
Other: Thank you ahead of time! I'm very excited.
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/10/2013 6:22:42 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

Ok Shimmer here is yours, hopefully it captured the song..

Also to note:

If I haven't done your order yet it doesn't mean I wont, just doing orders as the inspire me.
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2013 6:50:10 PM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

That is GORGEOUS Kristy! Stunning!!! happy :)
 Dibella
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2013 7:52:08 PM reply with quote send message to Dibella Object to Post

Thank you Kristy! I love it, except for the orange.. Is there anyway to make it a more natural color?
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/10/2013 8:50:49 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

*turning green with envy*

Alexandria
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2013 3:59:48 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

posted by Inspirational Kennels
That is GORGEOUS Kristy! Stunning!!! happy :)
Thank you!! Really happy you like it!
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2013 3:59:58 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Laffy-Taffy Kennels
*turning green with envy*

Alexandria

Thanks happy :)

-----
Last edited by Euphorias on 10/11/2013 4:07:40 PM
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2013 4:01:37 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

posted by Dibella
Thank you Kristy! I love it, except for the orange.. Is there anyway to make it a more natural color?
You seen it before I even finished it and said that you liked it a lot, so you should of said something about the color then.

And after seeing your other post I can only assume this is for offsite, which you didn't tell me so I don't want this used anywhere but Showdog.
 Dibella
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 6:20:47 PM reply with quote send message to Dibella Object to Post

alright.. Well I will only be paying you $150. Since I will not be able to use it on FP, there is no need for me to pay the full price.

I thought that was like a test run to show me what a stacked banner is.. I didn't that was it.

Sorry for the confusion.
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 7:18:35 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

posted by Euphorias

Rules

1: Order from the kennel that will use the banner.
2: No basics!
3: No off site banners without asking first + extra fee.

How much more simple does it get?!?! She posted the dang rules! That becomes your fault that you did not specify what you would be using the banner for.

Your reply was rude and highly uncalled for. I don't honestly believe you get to decide what you pay. You agreed to the banner format, you stated you wanted a stacked banner. Just because you can't use it on another site (which is your fault for not specifying), does not mean you do not pay what was agreed to.

And you saw her example before she even finished it. You should have said something there. She asked what you thought of it and you said nothing (if I'm not mistaking). It takes a lot of work to do these banners and to go back and fix them (while some banner makers do) requires a lot of work. You should be thankful. That banner she made you is gorgeous.

Just my two cents. Your post was rude. Period.
 Dibella
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 7:54:32 PM reply with quote send message to Dibella Object to Post

posted by †Creed†
posted by Euphorias

Rules

1: Order from the kennel that will use the banner.
2: No basics!
3: No off site banners without asking first + extra fee.

How much more simple does it get?!?! She posted the dang rules! That becomes your fault that you did not specify what you would be using the banner for.

Your reply was rude and highly uncalled for. I don't honestly believe you get to decide what you pay. You agreed to the banner format, you stated you wanted a stacked banner. Just because you can't use it on another site (which is your fault for not specifying), does not mean you do not pay what was agreed to.

And you saw her example before she even finished it. You should have said something there. She asked what you thought of it and you said nothing (if I'm not mistaking). It takes a lot of work to do these banners and to go back and fix them (while some banner makers do) requires a lot of work. You should be thankful. That banner she made you is gorgeous.

Just my two cents. Your post was rude. Period.

Hmm.. Well I didn't see that.. Common misread. Thank you for speaking up for her. But now I remember why I left this POS website. It's my decision to make if I think it's beautiful. I personally don't like the color. Maybe you could use it if you like it so much! If I pay her $250, I want it how I want it. I'm not gonna pay if I don't like it. Either she takes my $150 or she can just use the banner as a practice.

My reply was neither rude nor uncalled for, I was responding to her. However, your post is uncalled for. If you have any further comments to make, please be polite enough to make them in a PM to me.

Thanks
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 8:42:58 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

posted by Dibella
But now I remember why I left this POS website.

Hmm. Okey dokey.

Euphoria, I used to do banner work for a while and one thing I never could really perfect was the lighting scheme. The Inspired banner you did for Shimmer is absolutely stunning. Was it by chance a hue? Tint? It just has that glowing appearance and it really is lovely.

-Creed
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2013 9:32:23 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

Dibella - No need to pay anything & you are NOT allowed to use the banner in any way shape or form!

And obviously a banner made with YOUR breeds wasn't just a practice banner...
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2013 9:45:25 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

posted by †Creed†
posted by Dibella
But now I remember why I left this POS website.

Hmm. Okey dokey.

Euphoria, I used to do banner work for a while and one thing I never could really perfect was the lighting scheme. The Inspired banner you did for Shimmer is absolutely stunning. Was it by chance a hue? Tint? It just has that glowing appearance and it really is lovely.

-Creed

Thanks for standing up for mee Creed, I appreciate that!

And the lighting is combo of a few things plus some layering but the main things that make it "glowy".

Are duplicating the layer, Gaussian blur at 5, then switch the layer to soft light instead of normal, mess with Opacity to get right effect.

(This will soften & deepen the colors plus give it a glowy feel)

To get the very brighter glowyness you do the same thing except switch the layer to Screen.

(All in Photoshop)

Hope that makes since as I am not very good at explaining my process cause I usually just do them, not think about it haha.
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 9:55:22 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

No no! It actually made perfect sense to me because I have used the tools you mentioned.

When I was making banners (few years back), I was using GIMP. I can mentally create the image in my end using the methods you explained. I suppose I wasn't savvy about the layers and instead did effects to the images themselves. Perhaps I'll get brave enough to take up banner making again one day. happy :) Thank you for explaining it to me! I really appreciate that.

Also, the Prophesy kennel is my order. Disregard that one right now (unless you have already started) as I believe I may change my order to a different kennel (I have 15 >.<wink ;). I'll update my post or make another one soon. Thank you!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2013 10:04:47 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Creed, if you like (and don't feel like you have to), I can do join.me's using GIMP or do some tutorials. I use both Photoshop CS6 and GIMP 2.8, well, I used to use GIMP, but upgraded to Photoshop. Just let me know!

Alexandria
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2013 10:52:39 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

HAHA...I actually just got done making it...BUT I tried something really new so if you don't like it or its not what you want I will completely understand.

†Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 11:08:52 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

O.O OMG. You nailed it. I was hoping for something less involved but I didn't know how to explain that. And YAY you used a German Rottweiler! *pokes his tail*.

You did great, I wouldn't change a thing! You've got a talent for capturing exactly what the customer describes. Thank you very much. Feel free to send me a payment pup.

I'll def be ordering more from you if you're up for it. happy :)
 Dibella
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2013 11:14:41 PM reply with quote send message to Dibella Object to Post

posted by Euphorias
Dibella - No need to pay anything & you are NOT allowed to use the banner in any way shape or form!

And obviously a banner made with YOUR breeds wasn't just a practice banner...

Well for the quality of the banner, I'm not exactly in a hurry to use it anyway, but for the record there's no way of you knowing whether or not I use it.
Once you get some practice under your belt, you'll see the things in the banner you created that were missed.
Such as the dog's eye still reflecting and the blending of the dogs into the picture. But for now, this isn't worth my time anymore because you would rather continue in ignorance than take constructive criticism.
Thank you for the time you took to make the banner, however it is not up to the standards I expected it to be.

Replies in this thread : 55
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Advertisements

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.
Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.