Search

Showdog.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Puppies
 scamp571
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/23/2013 2:05:06 PM reply with quote send message to scamp571 Object to Post  

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

the puppies open there eye today they r 10 days old there cute and 1 has found a home but will be going ther at 8 weeks

-----
Last edited by scamp571 on 10/23/2013 2:05:32 PM

-----
Last edited by scamp571 on 10/27/2013 11:30:14 AM
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2013 10:06:03 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

Very good to hear. All went well then, except for the two who didn't make it?

I hope everything goes well from here on. Good luck.
 linlin23
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2013 5:58:44 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

Hopefully the other 6 will make it!

Do the puppies look like her? You don't know who the dad(s) are, right?
 Kietka
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2013 8:09:26 PM reply with quote send message to Kietka Object to Post

Pictures?? happy :)
 scamp571
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2013 11:28:40 AM reply with quote send message to scamp571 Object to Post

the other puppies r doing fine the look likee summer i will tey to post photos they opened there eye just an hour a go there 6 girls 1 boy my dad is takeing jaws witch is the boy updates soon
 Tizzy Too
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2013 11:57:49 AM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

OK, folks ... this is DEFINITELY a troll since we all know that puppies eyes don't open for two weeks. That was the only part of this illiterate rambling that was decipherable. PLEASE don't feed the trolls!
 Euphorias
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2013 12:02:37 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

posted by Tizzy Too
OK, folks ... this is DEFINITELY a troll since we all know that puppies eyes don't open for two weeks. That was the only part of this illiterate rambling that was decipherable. PLEASE don't feed the trolls!
Actually if you look at the time line of the 1st post and the post about opening eyes thats at 14days...not saying its not a troll but that part doesn't confirm it.
 Redskyatnight
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2013 2:59:15 PM reply with quote send message to Redskyatnight Object to Post

The mom went into labor (as per previous post) on 10/17 so the 10 days old is as of today's edit, not the 10/23 edit.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2013 5:40:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

posted by Tizzy Too
No, there is not proof of this here!

I’m sorry but some people seem bound and determined to expose this as a fake story and it is my nature to stand up for the underdog and falsely accused.

So I did some research – and it didn’t take much to find a number of references of eyes opening as early as 7 and 9 days. One reference noted that it can vary with breed - cocker spaniels open their eyes sooner than fox terriers. I have limited personal experience but I have had some exposure to a number of cocker litters from a few days old to several weeks.

Do eyes suddenly pop open at 14 days? Of course not! It’s a gradual thing. It starts with a little squinty eye where you can just see the glint of light off the eyeball. Do they see anything very much? No. The point is that it varies and it is also open to interpretation as to when you call them 'open' so don’t assume that it’s not a valid observation that eyes are opening at 10 days.

Furthermore, I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d rather be the source of entertainment for a bored “troll” while giving out well considered advice based on a made up story, than risk leaving a total novice to deal with birthing and raising this litter without any advice or support. I like to think that Scamp has access to some personal support in this but if not . . .
 Beach Dunes
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2013 7:25:21 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
posted by Tizzy Too
No, there is not proof of this here!

I’m sorry but some people seem bound and determined to expose this as a fake story and it is my nature to stand up for the underdog and falsely accused.

So I did some research – and it didn’t take much to find a number of references of eyes opening as early as 7 and 9 days. One reference noted that it can vary with breed - cocker spaniels open their eyes sooner than fox terriers. I have limited personal experience but I have had some exposure to a number of cocker litters from a few days old to several weeks.

Do eyes suddenly pop open at 14 days? Of course not! It’s a gradual thing. It starts with a little squinty eye where you can just see the glint of light off the eyeball. Do they see anything very much? No. The point is that it varies and it is also open to interpretation as to when you call them 'open' so don’t assume that it’s not a valid observation that eyes are opening at 10 days.

Furthermore, I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d rather be the source of entertainment for a bored “troll” while giving out well considered advice based on a made up story, than risk leaving a total novice to deal with birthing and raising this litter without any advice or support. I like to think that Scamp has access to some personal support in this but if not . . .

I agree 100%

Replies in this thread : 9

Advertisements

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.
Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.