Replies in this thread : 151
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 6:44:53 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I just got this boy a few days ago: I wouldn't have guessed he was higher than most!
Guess after 10 litters of nothing over 93.6 I would get one good one!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13899890

-----
Last edited by Astoria2 on 3/31/2015 6:45:17 PM
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2015 11:05:04 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Hey y'all happy :) It has been pretty quiet here lately! After being in a bit of a slump, I got pretty lucky in one of my litters yesterday and produced this boy: www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14007394. Is he the new highest SOP? Either way, I'm excited!

I also have his brother, www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14007392, who is a 94.60. I would be willing to let him go, if anyone is interested and will make sure to show him happy :)

Em
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/10/2015 1:23:04 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Wow, it has been dead here! I will give my updates (some exciting ones!), in the hopes of livening it up happy :)

My current special, GCH Amoroso Neverland, earned the breed's first Silver GCH title (although it still appears as Gold) at 90 days old! I will continue to special him until he is overage, although the Gold GCH title is much too far off at this point...but, it will be a record either way! He also has 6 champions, with 4 others that are major pointed and should finish. Just in case, I have dropped his stud fee down to $25 for an added incentive. I would like him to be another Bronze sire, as well!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14007394

Also, I am still plugging away on trying to raise LH and SH coats up to show SOP, but it has been very difficult keeping the COI down without any outside help...I've been resorting to breeding them to wires and then breeding back to hopefully get the coat I want. From this, I have also implemented dapples into my wires, and have my first dapple champion! Hopefully, they become more abundant as they are a dominant pattern (but weren't seen in wires before outcrossing)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14128051

Feel free to update with your own successes again! happy :) I would love to get more action on here...and maybe recruit a few of you to help out with the smooth and long project!

Em
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2015 2:53:48 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

I've got a great new wire boy that's up for stud!
Finished from the classes by going Best of Breed three shows in a row for three 5 point majors!!
He also finished his GCH in style with all 5 point GCH majors and a Group 4th!

Keep an eye out for him in the show ring and in your mind as a producer! Thank you to Amoroso and KC Sterling Creek for using him - can't wait to see what you get!

GCH. Astoria Just Another Day
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14253701
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/29/2015 2:55:45 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

He is a very nice boy! I see he has already produced a 95.00, so I'm even more excited for my litter now! happy :)
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2016 3:56:08 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

Wow, it's been slow here!!

I've got a really promising male that I put up for stud today - Astoria Paper Planes.

In two nights (3 shows) he has picked up 3 majors totaling 11 points, one BOB win and two BOS wins - including BOS at the February Dachshund Nationals!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14609457
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/10/2016 10:10:31 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

After a few months hiatus, I'm back and have already bred to him wink ;) Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I didn't realize how taking time off from this game puts you back so much!
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 5:45:24 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Does anybody know what the highest SOP is for SH? LH? WH?

For everybody besides Em, once upon a time I was Laffy-Taffy Kennels and then I lost interest for quite a while. Now I'm back and still in my two favorite breeds (can't get away from Doxie and Afghans it seems!) and I was curious what y'all were up to. wink ;)

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 3/31/2016 5:45:41 PM
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 7:34:45 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

welcome back!!!! we have missed you happy :)

All I have are wires, my high SOP is 95.90:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14745635

Happy to have you back in the breed Alex!!
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 7:55:17 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Awww! I've missed this too. You still use my GP! That made me smile. happy :)

Alexandria
 MagicGlo
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/26/2016 12:18:47 AM reply with quote send message to MagicGlo Object to Post

Well, it's been on again/off again with my family accounts due to real life.

9/9/14 my husband died (74 and 18 yrs Traumatic Brain Injured) and at 63, I went driving long haul. It was too hard to do SD on my cell and usually didn't have enough time to break out the laptop.

I raise registered Saanen Dairy goats and the person taking care of them while I was on the road, had to be evicted last summer. Most of my goats had to sold and leased out and a guy bought some. I am a talker with people and when he came back to pay for them, he said he needed a herd manager for the dairy he was starting. He also owns semis so he knows what drivers make and I told him he couldn't afford me. Well, I now work for him wink :) starting 1 Feb. While I miss driving, I hated winter driving and people's poor driving in general (including big trucks).

This goat dairy will have over 500 milking does in the next several years and make artisan cheese. I am hoping that the barn and pastures are done in the next couple weeks and all the goats are moved there. Currently, I have 84 adults and 37 kids on my 4 acres that I take care of. But, being off the road allows me to be back on SD laugh :D

So, my goal is to get SH and LH's up in SOP. Getting there slowly wink :)

IdahoLaura
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2016 8:57:16 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

I'm sorry to hear about your husband...I remembered you telling me about him.

Sounds like a pretty cool life you've been having!

We're all working to get there lol. I have no consistency in my kennel at the moment, so I'm working on getting my lines back to what Amethyst Doxies once were.

Alexandria
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2016 2:55:25 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

I posted 4 wire girls for sale, SOP ranges from 95.35 - 95.50 if anyone needs some new stock!
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/27/2016 9:59:46 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

My highest is this boy: www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14813511. Hoping to break 96 soon!

As for LHs and SHs...when I took a break, I got rid of most of my stock, so mine are still ranging in the 93-94s. I did see that there is a 95 LH boy that I will be breeding a lot too! Real life just got in the way, and I am slowly trying to rebuild. Even in my WH line, the consistency that I had before just isn't there yet.

I am very happy to see that we are getting more active in the show ring happy :)

Em
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2016 9:41:16 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Where is this pretty LH boy? When I was Laffy-Taffy Kennels I did tons of stalking...as Lace Dreams, I can't say I do that lol.

My LH stock is in the 92-94 range. And the majority of it is Red Sable, which I find is ironic, considering I had to bring it back with source once upon a time. Does anybody else have other colors in their stock, WH, LH, or SH? Should we go back to source and get more colors?

Alexandria
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2016 9:38:37 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

I feel like these were flukes but I like them none the less.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14876924
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14876927

Alexandria
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2016 2:59:28 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

I've got Red, Wilboar, Chocolate and Tan, and one Isabella and Tan as far as colors go, but they are all WH.
95.95 is my current high SOP - hoping to hit a 96.00 soon!
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2016 3:18:49 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Hey guys! Here's the news from here at Amethyst Dachshunds...

I'm getting 9.8 Forequarters very consistently in my LH litters! Super exciting. I also have breed a few 9.9FQs and one 10.1FQ.

This is the highest SOP I have in my kennel as far as LH go. www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14913909

And in SH, this is my highest SOP www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14909644

And in WH I have a 96 stud! www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14936414

Edited for clarification on a point.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 6/1/2016 3:19:29 PM
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2016 8:33:31 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

Wow! Great news! I've got consistent 10.2 fq, maybe need to bring some LH into the mix to bring that down!
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2016 3:43:09 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Replies in this thread : 151
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.