Replies in this thread : 151
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/12/2014 10:03:15 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Wow! Are you going to session and show her? That is so exciting! I think I need to breed to her sire again happy :)

Em

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 6/12/2014 10:04:08 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2014 11:07:05 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Yes, my dear, I am! The condition is gonna take a while to get up *cringes*, but I think I can do this...I have finished underdogs before. And if I hafta stack, I will (I'll use some of my half-shortie Wires that have decent condition). And the name is kinda special...I'm willing to bet, the majority of today's LH/SH Doxies are related to this boy somewhere way back in the line...good luck to have around...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Amethyst%20Keeper%20of%20the%20Stars

So, she's got kind of a lofty name...I think she can live up to it!

Alexandria
 Rosá Forest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2014 5:35:52 PM reply with quote send message to Rosá Forest Kennel Object to Post

Hey guyshappy :) I know kinda random but I was here back in 2012 and I'm back now!happy :) and going to upgrade soon and start breeding and showing these dogs!happy :) lovely group of breeders!happy :) can anyone help me out?happy :) with dogs etc?happy :) xx
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2014 7:51:21 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Hi there! Yes, we are all welcome to adding another breeder to our mix happy :) Are you interested in showing at a competitive SOP, or breeding up to a competitive SOP? Wires are the highest SOP and what you normally see in the ring now with SOPs ranging in the mid 92s (my highest is a 92.90), but longs and wires are not far behind now. As you can see, Alexandria got a 91.70 girl that she will be showing (there are still some high 91 wires winning in the ring, anyways!). I have wires in this kennel and longs and smooths in my Vivente kennel, if you are interested. I'm sure others have dogs that can help you get started, as well happy :) Let us know if you have a specific trait, color, or coat you are looking for!

Em

Edited because my brain isn't functioning after finals...

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 6/13/2014 7:51:32 PM

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 6/13/2014 7:52:03 PM
 Little Trot Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2014 5:27:22 PM reply with quote send message to Little Trot Kennels Object to Post

Hi everyone!

I've just updated to premium, and am so excited to be here. laugh :D

I used to play wayyyyyyy back when, but decided to give it another go. I've purchased a few lovely pups from some familiar names here, so I'll be working/showing to get them up to speed and raised correctly.

I've got a few starters that aren't great (okay, they're pretty terrible), but they've got some great colors I don't see too often. We'll see how it goes! Any pointers, tips, etc. would be appreciated.

Stoked!

Mia
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2014 10:40:52 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Welcome Mia! Sometime next week, after I get back from a camp I'm going to, I'm gonna have a kennel clean-out, so if you like, I'll let you know what I'm getting rid of.

Alexandria
 Rose Forest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2014 12:51:40 PM reply with quote send message to Rose Forest Kennel Object to Post

Welcome Mia!happy :)

-----
Last edited by Rose Forest Kennel on 6/15/2014 12:51:55 PM
 Little Trot Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2014 12:02:59 AM reply with quote send message to Little Trot Kennels Object to Post

Little win! So I'm working on my new line, and of course the quality isn't where I want it (the SOP is 10, but it's jumped 5 points in one breeding. We'll get there.)

BUT omg the colors the COLORS. I have a cream, cream dapple, and wildboar dapple I just bred and I'm so excitedddd. laugh :D laugh :D laugh :D
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2014 7:54:11 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

The colors in Dachshunds are so awesome!! I remember one of my first litters had 5 pups and each was a different color. You'll have so much fun color-breeding thses little guys! happy :)

Alexandria
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2014 9:52:54 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I keep forgetting to post this...I'm sessioning all these guys...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13225630
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13261813
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13261793
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13261770

And I'll be entering them in shows, once that condition looks decent. I have 2 or 3 others I *could* session, but I was thinking maybe y'all have some LH/SH you would like to session and show wink ;).

Oh, and I'm kind of excited about this...never meant to be so into Temperment but it just kinda sorta happened that way...
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13261736

I've had 9.9s and 9.8s before, and her brother was a 10.2, so I'm hoping she carries happy :)

Alexandria
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2014 1:13:52 AM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

Just so you aren't alone (and because I might as well throw some color in the ring, also!), I"ll start sessioning this girl:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13261386

I have a 91.15 boy, but I think I'll hope for some higher in the upcoming litters. I'll also try to avoid them with my wires wink ;)

Oh, and congrats on the 10.0 temperament! A 10 in anything is awesome!

Em

-----
Last edited by Vivente on 6/29/2014 1:14:38 AM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2014 12:58:51 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Wooohooo! I have company laugh :D

Alexandria
 Lyonnesse
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2014 1:37:08 AM reply with quote send message to Lyonnesse Object to Post

Hi

I am interested in joining this breed. I really prefer LH but I don't quite understand how they breed out. I know WH are dominant but what about SH? If anyone is able to help me out with a couple of bitches that would be great happy :)

-----
Last edited by Lyonnesse on 6/30/2014 1:37:29 AM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2014 8:17:39 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Yep, WH is the dominant coat, but there are two alleles controlling coat, W and L…

To show the L (which can be either SH or LH, I'll get to that in a minute) you have to have two lowercase w's ww…Ww carries the recessive so if you bred to another Ww or a ww, you have a chance at getting ww. WW does not carry the recessive gene at all, which nearly all WH are.

L determines if the coat is SH or LH. LL is short, Ll carries long, and ll is long. Most of the SH in my kennel are Ll because I've mixed the two coats a lot.

So, you could have a dog that is ll, so genetically LH, but is either Ww or WW, so it doesn't show the long fur. Same goes for Ll/LL and Ww/WW.

I hope that didn't scare you, lol and that it was understandable. I used to know the exact percentage of what you could get from breeding all these combos to each other, but I just kinda know what I'm gonna get out of each breeding now. And I know my colors too, if you ever need help with those (I'm kinda a genetics nerd, lol).

Oh and welcome to the breed! Awesome to have another face! I think I might have a few you could lease laugh :D
Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 6/30/2014 9:28:15 AM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2014 11:38:53 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

The first two 91 studs are finally up! happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13200908
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13200887

Alexandria
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
7/25/2014 10:08:17 AM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

Drum roll please..FIRST SH OR LH Champion in who knows how long!!!!! It wasn't even that difficult for her happy :) I may start transitioning future show puppies over to my Amoroso account so I eventually breed Dachshunds of all coats in just that kennel happy :) So excited!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13261386

Em
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 9:33:35 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Congrats! This is super awesome! Mine are still in sessioning stages...or more of conditioning stages, but I suspect, if my kennels ever get under limit again (lol), that I will be in the ring in about a week happy :)

Alexandria
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2014 10:08:54 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Hey everyone!
I found this puppy today - made me wonder what the high SOP is in the breed?

I almost FH'd him, not expecting to see a 93.10!!!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13360401
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2014 10:13:39 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I was wondering the same thing, since I just broke 93 with this boy: www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13356650.

I haven't seen anything higher, so I would say yours is the new highest SOP! I was so excited to break 93, and I'm happy to see others are too happy :) Huge congratulations!!!

Em
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2014 8:30:38 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

That's great!!!! My highest SOP before him was only 92.65 it was a huge leap for me!
I'm excited for the breed happy :)

Replies in this thread : 151
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.