.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Frozen semen
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/15/2014 6:31:51 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post   

I'm telling you, if we had frozen semen has an option.. I'll put Jeff at the top of the pilar and thank him every single day. Boy you would not believe how much I would use this feature. Honestly, I wouldn't care how much it would cost me. It would be life saver because I honestly hate having studs especially the ones I dont show. They are a waste of space. But I only have them because they vital, just like the show studs. Sometimes, they can't be shown because of low ss, but trait wise are fantastic and since I have a huge kennel and constant making room. Most studs only have one litter (which means one or two puppies, that I will keep). But there will be times, when bitch is ready to be breed and I'll look back at generations, click at this one stud, and I would say to myself "Damn, this old stud would have gone perfect with this one bitch, if only I've kept him sad :( ".

I don't know how would one regulate this.. Any ideas?

Im always the one to say, "Let Jeff finish the site and then focus on adding features" and I'm not saying this is something that needs to get added. But I don't know, I think it will be cool. I was possibably even thinking of getting RL money involve, pay like $1.99 (one time fee + I'm just pointing at numbers) for a storage area (I don't know what's it's called where semen is hold) for your frozen semen.

Again I just think this is a cool idea. No where near to be taken serious, just a mare way to get things taking again.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2014 5:48:19 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I see what you're onto. I agree to an extent. I feel that it would be something that shouldn't be a huge focus but it's a great idea! The only thing is that I feel like people would abuse it and only keep a majority female kennel, which I'm already kinda guilty of LOL. I'd like to see how this would work though (:
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2014 8:54:01 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

This would be a cool idea! I know I've FHed studs, only to realize I should've breed him to this girl or that girl.

I've always had too many studs, lol. In color breeding, sometimes it's a male, sometimes its a female, so I have to keep it, whatever it is wink ;).

Alexandria
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2014 11:59:44 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I really like this idea! That way we could not only use males that we had to FH but males that are deceased. It adds another very realistic element to the game.
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2014 2:33:34 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Dunes- I see you point. But there isn't a rule on the game that says we can't keep all females. Actually it's against the rules to tell someone how to play. If anything to regulate it, I would put in a limit on how any vials of semen you can have.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/25/2014 11:57:38 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

It seems like a pretty good idea to me. The only reasons I would veto is this:

1) It makes the game more of a challenge to have to breed selectively and be smart with your studs happy :) At least, in my opinion!

2) The game was once strictly child-friendly (if I remember correctly) and I don't know if that's acceptable...(This doesn't bother me but I'm just imagining what would have happened if my mother had seen me when I was ten, when I was originally here, on a site where you could keep semen...)

Just my input. Does it make any sense?
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/26/2014 1:45:16 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Yep, that makes sense, for a moment there, I thought "WAIT, Is there really kids playing on here?" But in pretty sure there is, we almost seem to forget... But yet again, if your ten, I'm pretty damn positive you know something about the TALK. Heck! My little sister is eight and knows more about everything then me. But I do see your point.

Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
2/26/2014 5:12:21 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

My take on the kid-friendly bit- this was never intended as a child's game, but as a game for serious hobbyists/dog folks. There is nothing inherently wrong with the word or concept of semen banking. any child who has grown up around dog shows or livestock etc, knows about this stuff. it's simply part of the world of dogs and animals.

There are already parts of the game some could argue inappropriate in that regard- the widespread use of the term "bitches" for instance, talks of breeding on the boards with info about ties etc. All are normal parts of the dog fancy.

As an aside, I'm also on a board dedicated to the keeping of a certain small pet commonly kept by children. Many of the members are children. And yet we can talk about the animals body parts quite frankly. It's actually necessary more than you'd think, since rodents testicles are often mistaken for tumors by people who don't know, and pet shops commonly missex their wares, and they are prone to prolapsed rectums, uterine infections etc.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/26/2014 7:57:04 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Haha, I wasn't as young as some people I've seen when I started playing (15), but though I may have blushed, I would've fine with it. It's just part of life and sheesh, most of the kids I know, even younger than me, know more about certain parts of life than I do.

Alexandria
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/27/2014 8:12:39 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I played when I was ten but I lost my password and username xD I didn't know that bitch was a bad word back then!

Anyway I do support this. Isn't this in use on Showcattle?
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2014 9:28:43 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I believe so. I know for certain it's used on BuckingBullSim. Don't remember about ShowCattle or either of the horse ones (but, I think ShowHorses just has breedings, not semen).

Alexandria
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2014 8:21:32 PM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

I also support it. I asked for it a couple years ago but it was shot down - so I am happy to see a much better reaction this time around!

The only issue is that with some active breeds, this could be useless, as the sop and traits are constantly changing. It would definitely help with the rarer breeds, for sure.

Reina
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2014 9:12:27 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

True, Reina. It wouldn't help competitive breeds, but it would with rare breeds and different colors, especially recessive ones.

Alexandria
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2014 9:21:20 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

posted by Leidenschaftlich
I also support it. I asked for it a couple years ago but it was shot down - so I am happy to see a much better reaction this time around!

The only issue is that with some active breeds, this could be useless, as the sop and traits are constantly changing. It would definitely help with the rarer breeds, for sure.

Reina

Reina, why was the idea shut down then?
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2014 3:51:56 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

I remember it having to do with the fact that the gestation and life period is so short on here as compared to show cattle, for instance (BUT, show cattle also has no limit to how many cows you can have). Also that if someone kept semen from several males, money wouldn't go back into the game through stud fees and the salary and economy would then mess up.

I remember most who replied said they'd never use it, but it would be such a help for rare breeds.

Letsgobaby
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2014 10:08:14 AM reply with quote send message to Letsgobaby Object to Post

What if they had to pay real money In order to use the seamen? Not alot wink ;) but Then it wouldn't go back into the economy but to Jeff. I like the idea. $ to collect and money to use. I'd use it if I had some good males that I'd wish I kept for some traits. There's got to be a limit like a collection total from that one dog .outside breeding would have to be approved , And limited amounts or how many dogs you can subscribe to?or subscribe per male ? I'd pay for it.but for being an add on as long as it dosnt cost a huge amount. It'd be a fun addition to the game. I know for rare breeds it'd be more beneficial and so maybe a discount for rare breeds ? ??.
 bubby1000
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/5/2014 1:07:49 AM reply with quote send message to bubby1000 Object to Post

support this idea
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/5/2014 10:15:55 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

Luke warm.

Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
3/5/2014 10:39:12 PM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

Lol. ^

I wouldn't pay RL money for this implementation though.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2014 10:06:34 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

posted by Leidenschaftlich
I wouldn't pay RL money for this implementation though.
Me either. Not that into having it.

Alexandria
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2014 1:09:09 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

I'd use it..

I believe only the cattle and maybe the pig games have this. Both horse games do not....but I would use it so much on trophyhorse also. So much...actually this would be a great idea to bring up there also.

I would never pay real money for it...especially since I already pay real money to have all these features in the first place.

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.