Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : how to make money
 bonus41
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/11/2014 2:56:29 PM reply with quote send message to bonus41 Object to Post   

ok, well I'm not low on money but I don't seem to be making any money what so ever.... Is there a way to make money? My dogs haven't been winning any shows so that's not helping XD
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2014 3:24:18 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

A big part of the game is money management rather than making money.
Every player gets a daily salary. That's your main income. Other ways to get money is from stud fees, puppy sales and wining payouts in shows.

To save money try the following
Make sure your dogs are on suitable food. Males your not showing u can use the cheap old boy food as there condition does not effect pups, females you plans to breed there condition does effect there pups condition so don't use old boy. Sessioned adults and broods can be on pet house it will matain there stats.

Don't bother trying to show starter dogs, there low quality compaired to dogs currently showing, I wouldn't bother wasting your breeding on them either unless you plan to source breed as as a basic you only get to breed for your first month so I'd use that time on quality dogs.

When showing in most breeds to do well the dog needs to be fully sessioned, if not your wasting your entry fee. When you entre a show look at the judge and see if they like owner handlers or not, and if not how important are certain handlers to them. As if you don't pick a handler for a judge that likes certain handlers your dog won't do well so will waste the entry fee.

Also only keep dogs you need, don't waste money on feeding dogs you don't plan to show or breed.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2014 3:36:19 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Selling sessions is the best way to earn money. Not even Premies with selling pups and stud fees added to that make that much.

Alexandria
 bonus41
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2014 5:55:55 PM reply with quote send message to bonus41 Object to Post

Okay thanks for the info happy :), I changed my 'source dogs' to old boy generic, and the one champion I bought is on conditioning... I also sold my 2 sessions for today, i guess ill see if someone will buy them XD
 Totally Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2014 8:29:41 PM reply with quote send message to Totally Terriers Object to Post

posted by bonus41
Okay thanks for the info happy :), I changed my 'source dogs' to old boy generic, and the one champion I bought is on conditioning... I also sold my 2 sessions for today, i guess ill see if someone will buy them XD
the GSP is also on old boy you want to switch her to Pet house for adults to maintain condition.

I would fh your source stud as u have used him on all your girls, you don't need him anymore.
 bonus41
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2014 8:25:07 AM reply with quote send message to bonus41 Object to Post

Thanks for the info!! I made a mistake breeding those source dogs.... I'm stuck with all the puppies that I don't want now... That wasn't smart at all! I will switch both my GSD's on better food and get rid of those source dogs when I can
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2014 4:20:43 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

You can forever home dogs u don't want

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.