Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Boo is Missing
 4pawz
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/23/2014 4:55:12 PM reply with quote send message to 4pawz Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Some of you may remember me and Boo. It is now that I am asking for your help and prayers. Please read below and crosspost, especially if you are from the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area.
-----------------------

"Boo" was lost from the Lorton, VA area on the evening of 3/22/2014.

Female, solid black chow mix (~50-60 lb). Long hair and prick ears. Some black spots on tongue. Greying around muzzle and on underside.

We think she was wearing her black, rolled leather collar with tags when she escaped, but she may have gotten free of it as she usually wears it fairly loose. She is microchipped.

Knows commands "come" (vocal and whistle) and "stop" but may not approach or listen to a stranger if afraid.

She has never wandered before which is why I am petrified. Apparently there were fireworks in the area last night, but my family isn't sure how she got out unless she jumped the 4.5 - 5 foot fence (which she has never done before). She has gotten out of the yard before before the new fence was installed, but never been gone more than 30 minutes to chase deer. Zero wanderlust for the most part. I think she is either truly lost, injured, or in someone else's care.

She may be anxious, and I am not sure how she will react to strangers. She may approach happily or may avoid due to fear. She is not aggressive, but may bark/growl if afraid and quickly approached.

Please email anniebelle2000@aol.com if you have any information.

-----

Last edited by 4pawz on 3/23/2014 4:55:31 PM

-----
Last edited by 4pawz on 3/23/2014 4:57:21 PM
 KPOPK
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 5:23:26 PM reply with quote send message to KPOPK Object to Post

I have some family in that area. Ill let them know. I hope you find your baby </3
 Slipping Shadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 6:44:24 PM reply with quote send message to Slipping Shadows Object to Post

Can I post this to FB? I know lots of people in that area... Good luck, I hope you find her safe and soon!
 4pawz
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 6:59:27 PM reply with quote send message to 4pawz Object to Post

Please do post to facebook. thank you!

no luck yet sad :(
 Slipping Shadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 6:59:54 PM reply with quote send message to Slipping Shadows Object to Post

I will post and encourage sharing! Good luck! Poor old girl sad :(
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 7:15:01 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Oohhhh, poor baby! I'm miles and miles from the area, but I'll hope and pray for her to be found.

Alexandria
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/24/2014 10:09:23 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

I hope she is found safely, I remember seeing her pictures before, she is a beautiful dog
 Fault Line
Basic User

Basic User
3/24/2014 10:06:42 PM reply with quote send message to Fault Line Object to Post

Posted to facebook. Prayers are with you in a happy recovery!
 Kool Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 12:14:00 AM reply with quote send message to Kool Dogs Object to Post

I live in VA but not sure how far that is from me. Will cross post tomorrow when I'm on the comp. I'm going to PM you my name to add me on FB. Have some questions for you.
 4pawz
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 9:03:24 AM reply with quote send message to 4pawz Object to Post

Thank you all for your thoughts. Kool dogs, I PM'd you. Boo is still missing and there is snow in the area today. Tonight is going to be colder than the last two nights. I want her back. Please keep her in your prayers.
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 1:04:45 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

I also shared on FB as I have friends in all areas of the country and am hoping they will also cross post to get this out as far as possible!!

I hope you get your baby back to you ASAP!!
 Spirit Of The Arctic Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 1:21:58 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Of The Arctic Kennel Object to Post

I'm not in the area, but I shared on FB, it hasn't failed me yet! Hoping for Boo's safe return *hugs*

-Kelli
 4pawz
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 2:14:10 PM reply with quote send message to 4pawz Object to Post

thank you for your help sharing.

I know the forum isn't big on "advertising" other forums here, but I have been updating the link below more frequently if you want to check in.

chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269506

sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 2:23:40 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

I am nowhere near that area but I am praying for your Boo. I have always enjoyed seeing her pictures and it breaks my heart that she is missing. I hope she appears very, very soon.

-Sarah
 CaboodleIWS
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 9:01:43 PM reply with quote send message to CaboodleIWS Object to Post

I am so sorry to hear Boo is missing! It's getting around Facebook... I saw your post and shared through a mutual friend when I recognized the dog, before looking here.

Fingers crossed and lots of prayers!

I've seen more happy stories of dogs reunited in recent months. Hoping for the same for you and Boo!

Kelly @ Caboodle
 4pawz
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2014 1:00:14 PM reply with quote send message to 4pawz Object to Post

Boo is home!!!!!! See link I posted above for more details. She is injured, but will be okay with vet care. Lost ~ 10 pounds in 9 days. Found by a woman in a neighborhood behind our neighborhood. She crossed a 4 lane highway twice so far as we know. I am so thankful that she is alive.
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2014 3:21:06 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

posted by 4pawz
Boo is home!!!!!! See link I posted above for more details. She is injured, but will be okay with vet care. Lost ~ 10 pounds in 9 days. Found by a woman in a neighborhood behind our neighborhood. She crossed a 4 lane highway twice so far as we know. I am so thankful that she is alive.
Yeaaaa I am so glad for you and Boo. Just the thought curdled my gut! Glad home and now safe.
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2014 11:23:45 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

YES! I'm so glad she made it home. Been checking your post every day to see if there were any updates. Oh happy day!!
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2014 2:55:55 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

So glad to hear she made it home!

grif,
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2014 7:59:11 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

So so so glad she is home!!!! She is in my thoughts/prayers for a quick recovery.
 JLK Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2014 12:43:12 PM reply with quote send message to JLK Goldens Object to Post

So glad she is home safe.

Jana

Replies in this thread : 23
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.