Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 0

Author Topic : Portuguese Water Dogs Need Help!
 Vivente
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/16/2014 7:05:47 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi there! If you are looking for a new breed, we would love to have you! Since a longtime breeder left Showdog recently, numbers have dwindled and I am often the only one in the show ring each night :/ Which is really a shame, since this is a great breed! Here are some specifics

SOP: finishable SOP is about 90+, but it could be lower with more competition (I am only showing my best currently against each other, but could session more to accomodate others)
Breeders: 3, but the others are just starting out
Color Pics: Yes! There are beautiful Picardy pics happy :)
Colors: Black, Brown, White, Brown & White, Black & White. All colors are present, but the partis are not seen as frequently in the ring. That could be a side project/focus of yours, if you wish.
Litter Size: about 4-7.
Sessioning: Fairly quick. All except for obedience reach 20s by 14 days old (obedience takes until about 22 days or so).
Show Placings?: We tend to place in the group under Bruce Bass, and I have been starting to place more often under other judges, also. The breeder that left and I had an agreement to keep this an owner-handler breed until it got more competitive, but I have been experimenting now and this is definitely a competitive breed at the group level!

I have finishable puppies and some nice broods up for sale now, if you are interested! If you see anything else in my kennel that is of interest, please let me know as well. I would love to have more help with this great breed!

Em

-----
Last edited by Vivente on 4/16/2014 7:06:00 PM

Replies in this thread : 0

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.