Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Alice is a mom! (belated)
 AmbitionIrish
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/24/2014 2:06:05 PM reply with quote send message to AmbitionIrish Object to Post   

Hi all,

I have just been crazy busy with two litters to log on, but now that I'm having some R and R, I thought I'd update you on Alice. She had her litter very generously during the DAY (between lunch and dinner even!) laugh :D on March 26th (so yes, they were four weeks old yesterday). All puppies were well over a pound except for one 10 oz girl, and she whelped them with ease. So very proud of her -- the bitches in my line are proving to be great whelpers and mothers, which makes things soo much easier! happy :) There were four boys and two girls, so an average sized litter for an IS, but since it was a fresh chilled TCI breeding, I'll take it! happy :) Their sire is now getting quite the reputation for throwing lots of boys, but they are gorgeous, so I can't wait to put these guys on the table.

I am now home recouping from the intense time we had with an April 1st emergency C section litter of another girl, who was ill and ended up not being able to care for her small and weak puppies (thankfully after a few days of tubing round the clock they were strong enough to be put on Alice - Mother of the Year!). I don't have a lot of recent photos. I do have this though, which is I think is just darling and my favorite, to whet your appetites until I can get more. They are three days old in this pic. When I get the energy, I will try to upload more photos.....can't believe they are already having non-Alice meals!

From left to right: black boy, blue boy, green boy, red boy, purple girl and pink girl.

Enjoy!

Amyhappy :)
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2014 5:42:22 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

So precious!! Can't wait to see more pics of them! Congratulations on such a beautiful litter.
 Justice Farms
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2014 8:26:04 PM reply with quote send message to Justice Farms Object to Post

Beautiful pups!
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2014 6:34:41 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Congratulations on beautiful puppies! I already have my eyes on green boy. He seems like the leader with everyone huddle around him. So gorgeous! Alice should be given the mother of the year! Can you give us the name of the sire?
 AmbitionIrish
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2014 7:37:33 AM reply with quote send message to AmbitionIrish Object to Post

Thank you everyone! I am going to try to get some photos today, or at least upload some.

The sire of the litter is Edward, Ch Lunn's Running With Scissors. It was a great linebreeding. You can see him on here, he is the second dog. His dam is the first one:

www.lunnsirishsetters.com/current-dogs/

AmbitionIrish
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2014 11:55:10 AM reply with quote send message to AmbitionIrish Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Some more photos.

This is the girl I have my eye on (photo is a lil old, but I like what it shows!):

From last night:

Black boy, love the white chest and big feet:

Feeding time around here is not pretty:

Hope you enjoy! laugh :D

-----
Last edited by AmbitionIrish on 4/26/2014 11:56:20 AM
 AmbitionIrish
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2014 11:58:57 AM reply with quote send message to AmbitionIrish Object to Post

Sorry photos are so large, I'm pretty computer clueless. sad :(

BTW, black boy in the middle photo looks soooo much like Uncle Tristan! I'm excited to see how he turns out, but those are Tristan's eyes.

Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2014 9:08:07 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Such cuties!!
Congrats on your puppies!
 AmbitionIrish
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2014 11:59:59 PM reply with quote send message to AmbitionIrish Object to Post

Thank you! For those of you on Facebook, I have their first "just for fun" stacked pics (4.5 weeks) laugh :D Here is the link if you want to take a peek. They had a busy day -- first photos, playing outside and haircuts! Totally konked out now!

https://www.facebook.com/ambitionirish/media_set?set=a.10203497914505453.1073741826.1141521025&type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=like

If you look on my wall there is some really cute candids from today and yesterday too.

Enjoy!

Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2014 10:38:26 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Awwww, aren't they adorable!

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.