.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Your Hidden Talents :)
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/24/2014 10:06:05 PM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post   

So what are your guys talents/ interests?
I like soccer, I just recently got into dancing. I play guitar and then I got convinced to start singing. I'm into art, but I'm very passionate at photography wink ;)
And of course I compete in Agility and Rally Obedience .
So, what about you?
 MagicGlo
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2014 12:18:08 PM reply with quote send message to MagicGlo Object to Post

My talent is making wonderful handcrafted goat milk soaps that my customers love.

My interest is genetics in my Saanen Dairy goats. I recently bought a tank of semen to AI my does, when I don't want to use live cover with my bucks.
IdahoLaura
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2014 3:45:58 AM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post

Oh okay! That's cool! I like goats XD
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2014 3:39:56 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'll try to keep this short, lol.

Birding (also known as birdwatching)...haven't done as much of it as I used to, but identifying birds is still a passion for me. Plus, all the conservation I'm involved in or have been involved in...and all the opportunities I've gotten over the years.

Reading...not *quite* as a voracious reader as I used to be, but still really enjoy it, and do enough of it. Fave genres are still Christian Romance, Christian Fiction, and anything to do with birds...still read books about biology in general, though, they're more often about birds specifically wink ;)

Graphic design...it's not so much I have a talent, as it is that I enjoy it and work hard at it. And it's not gonna be "just" an interest too much longer, after I get a job doing it!

Writing both prose and poetry, illustrating, loom knitting, swimming (just for fun, lol), being a party animal...should I even admit that I enjoy flirting...haha, it's a talent, and in a way, an interest!

And I think I'll end there razz :p

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 6/6/2014 3:42:37 PM
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2014 4:20:23 PM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post

Cool! I knew you liked bird watching somehow ... laugh :D
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2014 5:40:17 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

posted by BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Cool! I knew you liked bird watching somehow ... laugh :D
Haha, that's not surprising...I don't keep it a secret at all, lol.

ETA: Do YOU like birding too? Lol

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 6/6/2014 5:40:45 PM
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2014 3:30:40 AM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post

I've never tried it laugh :D ^
 Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2014 7:13:23 PM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

Equestrianism - Yep, I'm callin' it that razz :p lol And it's not a talent, it's a lifestyle wink ;) haha If I could, I'd ride 24/7.

Piano - I've been playing for...well, I guess 9 years now?

Ummm...I dunno what else laugh :D I'm one of those people that only really does a few things, because I have to be able to do it exceptionally well, or I don't feel like I'm doing it justice. I'm an "all or nothing" type person lol
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2014 10:55:26 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I didn't know you played piano, Shim! Or maybe I did and forgot,razz :p

Alexandria
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2015 9:56:50 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Old post I know - but still an interesting one - thought I would bump it up happy :)

I'm a vet nurse and feel that this is my true calling in life - and I feel that I am very talented in this happy :)

I'm also into photography, art, piano, and banner making on SD.

My favourite thing to do though is just to simply take my two Ridgebacks down to the creek for a long walk and watch them run around like mad dogs happy :) It always brings a smile to my face happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2015 6:44:46 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

A good post, worth bumping.

I work in a junk (thrift) store, I love boot (yard) sales, auctions and markets, and I love the thrill of finding something really cheap and selling it for a profit, however small a profit. I like eBay too.

I raise and sell Guinea Pigs (Cavies) as pets both privately and into the pet trade.

I like crafting, mixed media arts, cardmaking, jewellery making, rag rug making and patchwork.
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2015 4:44:17 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Oooh, fun question!

My hobbies and talents...hmmmm....

I hand-carve stamps. I enjoy teaching my dogs tricks. (Seriously, I'll try any trick. I even colors) I like letterboxing. I like doing crafts with the kids in my church. Oh hey Mourne, I used to raise Gerbils to sell to pet stores. I even created my own unique (to my area anyway) color/marking pattern. I sing a lot. I like to read. I'm a member of Dog Scouts. I compete in Flyball, Barn Hunt, occasionally agility, and will be starting Rally-O and Freestyle soon. I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting. LOL

-----
Last edited by Yippee Yahoo Kennels on 6/10/2015 4:46:15 PM
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2015 8:03:09 AM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

My obsessions have varied over the years but all of them tended to be anything creative. Currently I have two Etsy shops. One for jewelry my sister and I make and the other for my needle felted creations. I just sold my first needle felt mouse yesterday and it was a huge thrill!
Jewelry:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/clearlythis?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Needle felt:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BramblesNTwigs?ref=search_shop_redirect
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2015 6:53:32 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

OMG! Blue Moon, that baby Lop rabbit is to die for - you really are super talented! Have you considered doing needle felted dogs and cats. I saw books in our craft shop I think called 'Best In Show' with pedigree breeds in - I'm sure you would have people fighting to get them.
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/8/2015 11:56:34 AM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Thanks! I will be trying a dog in the near future and I'll post a pic when it's done happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2015 9:58:00 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

OMG Blue moon - I LOVE your jewelry! I've just added it to my favourites list so I can look at them all closely tonight after work happy :)
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2015 9:29:56 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I knit, crochet, and sew clothes and accessories laugh :D
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2015 3:14:00 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

When I get free time, I play the Piano and have done for most of my life.

A less 'normal' talent I have is in Core Maths and Statistics. I just love calculus and I have a particular fascination in vectors and permutations/combinations. razz :p
 Austri
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2015 7:27:55 PM reply with quote send message to Austri Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

I don't know that it's really a hidden talent anymore, but I'm heavily into artwork. Mostly dogs, but I'll occasionally venture into drawing people too.

-----
Last edited by Austri on 9/27/2015 7:30:54 PM

-----
Last edited by Austri on 9/27/2015 7:33:04 PM
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2015 8:56:41 PM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post

posted by Austri
I don't know that it's really a hidden talent anymore, but I'm heavily into artwork. Mostly dogs, but I'll occasionally venture into drawing people too.

mg src="i62.tinypic.com/210m6vn.jpg">

-----
Last edited by Austri on 9/27/2015 7:30:54 PM

-----
Last edited by Austri on 9/27/2015 7:33:04 PM

Wow! You have some serious skills! I'd love to be able to draw like that. Have you got any more pictures? I'd love to see some more!
 Austri
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2015 10:28:28 PM reply with quote send message to Austri Object to Post

Thank you very much. happy :)

You can see most of my work on my DA account Raigekidan. I also post WIP updates on my Tumblr account RuinousOmen. I'll be starting my next drawing tomorrow of a lab mix named Bella.

Here are a couple of my more recent ones though.

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.