.com Forum · Afghan Hound

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Calling All Afghan Breeders
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/29/2014 3:46:36 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post   

I think it would be nice if we have something similar to what we have in Standard Poodles and Dachshunds...a little thread where we can share our news with everybody else. New high SOPs, new studs going up, etc.

I guess I'll start...this little girl is the highest SOP I have. I'm quite proud of her (but try to avoid looking at condition, I know it looks awful...)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13171424

Alexandria wink ;)
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2014 12:40:59 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Make that 96.95! I'm pretty sure this is the top SOP...anybody have better?

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13200938

Alexandria
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2014 10:24:00 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2014 7:21:20 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

This tread is a good idea!! Us breeders should talk more together all of us happy :) I don't have any really surprising high SOP, because I'm trying to just breed black and tans.. But I'm getting closer!! Haha. But I have gotten up to 96.80+ ish
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2014 8:13:04 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

A long time ago, when color breeding in Dachshunds was a lot lower than the rest of the SOP, we used to have a list of all the colors we had and I did a highest SOP list for each color. (And, we were breeding LH & SH, so the list was pretty extensive, like 80 colors total.) Afghans only have 24 colors, some of which I've never even gotten. Perhaps we can look at our kennels and do an inventory, see which is the highest?

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 7/3/2014 8:20:40 AM
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2014 2:35:07 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

Sure, we can happy :)
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2014 3:38:33 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

I got a dog with 10 tnb, anyone else got that yet?
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2014 9:19:04 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Awesome, congrats!! I have 9.9 but no tens yet…was it it a stud?

Alexandria
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 8:56:02 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13286540

Yes he is, he isnt so good overall tho. But now I got the chance to breed in one more ten trait happy :) I was going to repeat the breeding but the male were fh'ed before I got the chance. Was it you who got the mother? Because now I'm done with her and you can have her back happy :)

I also got one blue and cream for sale, and some other dogs (top sop 96.95) if anyone is interested! Should we send a mail to the other breeders about this thread? happy :)
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 9:30:55 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I think it would be a good idea! I've been AWOL, and might be somewhat for quite a while longer, but I will log on as often as possible. happy :)

Alexandria
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2014 7:05:12 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13286540

He is now 30 days and up for stud, 10 tnb.
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 10:09:27 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

So after 5 months I can say that 10tnb is getting very common in my lines. All my litters have 10tnb, some litters almost all, some litters a little less. Unfortunately the SOP is a little lower than I want, because the male I got the 10 trait from had such a bad sop. But when I outbreed it's so much harder to have the 10tnb in steady because I can't find any lines with as much 10tnb as me. Many of my dogs have still just sop of 96.50 ish.

I will try buy more top quality dogs and experiment a little more on another kennel. I also got 8/10 temp, but when I'm focusing on tnb, and gait, It's hard to get the temp in. It will atleast take much more longer than with the tnb because I won't breed with the 10temp like i did with the 10tnb. I'm also experimenting a little with 9,5 coat and feet, but not easy. This game isn't easy :P

Much writing, but it would be fun if you other also shared thoughts, ideas, plans, etc happy :)
 baymill
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 10:53:12 AM reply with quote send message to baymill Object to Post

I'm looking into some of the rarer colours (i.e. anything other than silvers lol) and trying to drag up some of their SOP - I have 2 male studs also with 10 tnb and another younger male with 97.55 SOP.
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 12:06:55 PM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

Anything special you are looking for? When I was breeding with blue I got all colors in my litters. Now a couple months later I get alot of blue domino, but I still get alot different colors. If you want I can send you a pm next time I get something you could be interested in, if you can't find any yourself
 baymill
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 1:16:56 AM reply with quote send message to baymill Object to Post

Cool. That would be really helpful. Blacks,Reds and Brindle /Brindle Dominoes are what I'm struggling with finding at tghe moment, however I do have a young red domino bitch I plan to breed. Any suggestions of which colour of stud I should Use?
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 8:08:58 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

Ah, In my last litters I had a brindle domino but Fm that one. IT's rare I get brindle but it comes sometimes in my litters. Red and black shouldnt be a problem, I get that too. I will have a look on your red domino and see if i can suggest something. happy :)
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 8:44:26 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

I'm not an expert but I would have found a blackn brindle male. Lydon have alot of brindles, many of my lines. Or black and tan. Stay away from blue razz :p
 baymill
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 4:02:57 AM reply with quote send message to baymill Object to Post

okay laugh :D thanks a lot - keep your fingers crossed for me wink ;) x
 Elan Khen
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 8:35:32 AM reply with quote send message to Elan Khen Object to Post

I will, good luck! happy :) Keep "us" updated if you want! :P
 pixie_mills
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 5:14:32 PM reply with quote send message to pixie_mills Object to Post

I will do. I've been playing just a little over a year but I used to breed Afghans under the Albapaws prefix (my user name was pixie_mills) however I stopped around 2012. Glad to be back and working with Afghans again.
 baymill
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 5:16:13 PM reply with quote send message to baymill Object to Post

and...just signed in to see if i had any oldies still alive and posted as it...oops lol. sadly all deceased sad :(

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler