Search

.com Forum · Standard Poodle

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Brand new poodle breeder
 TheFrenchRevoution
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/30/2014 9:43:45 PM reply with quote send message to TheFrenchRevoution Object to Post   

Hi everyone!

I just started breeding poodles, and I need a little help. I don't have any good show dogs or bitches, or any good producers; just my starter dogs and a pup I bought. If anyone could help me get started, I would really appreciate it! c:

Also, I anyone could tell me what the max. number of puppies a standard usually has, so I can be prepared before my bitches give birth, it would be really nice. happy :)
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2014 10:27:27 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

The average litter size for standard poodles are seven pups. You really don't prepare a bitch before whelping, this game is not that interactive. The only thing on can do is to set the bitch's condition high by putting them on top dog condition formula or equivalent. Go to the bitche's page and change ration. You can always go the for sale section of the breed page and look for dogs or directly message a breeder for some foundation stock.

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Kalynda
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Beach%20Dunes
 TheFrenchRevoution
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2014 10:50:51 AM reply with quote send message to TheFrenchRevoution Object to Post

Oh I know, I meant to get their registered names ready to name them when they are born cx I don't want to have 5 names in mind, then have 9 pups born XD And thank you! happy :)
 Elixir Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2014 3:57:57 PM reply with quote send message to Elixir Kennels Object to Post

www.showdog.com/dogbreed/Standard%20Poodle.aspx

Here's the breed page - says the average litter is 7.5 - but I'm guessing you could have up to 9 or 10.

It just varies, there's no way to tell ahead of time. You don't have to name them all right away - you can just wait until you think of something.
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2014 4:34:56 PM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Yes, the most I've ever gotten is 10 and I think the smallest is 6, but I might have gotten only 5 once, I don't remember. wink ;)

You can name them whenever. I like to name mine as soon as poss, but that's so I can put them in the kennel run they need to go in and/or session them easier. Just personal preference, and I know people who wait a while before naming.

Alexandria
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2014 6:41:58 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Welcome! I can help you with some dogs and bitches! Everyone has pretty much answered your questions although I do want to say Ive had a handful of litters with 11 pups. I think three times so far ive gotten 12 pups. Crazy! Haha. Just let me know if you need anything laugh :D. We have a forum for the community of StPoodle breeders. Ill link it later(:
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2014 4:39:29 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Oh, god, Hayles, 12...I used to think I would love large litters...they honestly drive me nuts, haha.

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler