Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 20

Author Topic : Tampa Dog Show
 Spyte
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/13/2014 6:58:53 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post   

Hey everyone! Is anyone in Tampa, FL this weekend for the show? I'm here with Molly for 3 days and Honey Bear for Sunday. Will be just me and Molly tomorrow if anyone else is there and might want to meet up?
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2014 9:18:22 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I was suppose to go to that one ):

Anyone going to the Greenville show in July?
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2014 10:33:27 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I won't be there sad :( I'm taking some time off after this weekend I think. Probably won't bring Hambone out until November and not sure about Molly yet. Honey Bear will be shown a little bit more often than the other two though. Is Greenville your next show?
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2014 5:57:34 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Unfortunately yes. Its a month away but I had to have time to finish school next week and Luckily for me, its sort of a birthday present. A 4 day show thr weekend before my birthday. It just feels so far away :c
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2014 4:38:27 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

It is far away but that is just more time to practice!

I might think about going up there, not with an IW though. Hambone is taking some time off and Molly will be sitting out for right now I think. happy :)
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/17/2014 9:00:25 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

I'll probably be at the Greenville show! Would love to meet up with a fellow SDer. happy :)
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2014 12:42:28 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I may be there. Have to see how finances are going at that time and see what my schedule looks like. If Hambone is ready he will definitely be with.

Do you guys ever come down to FL for shows?
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2014 7:51:39 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

FL is a little far for me. My mom lives down there so I may in the future but since I'm still in High dchool, its a little difficult to get to shows at all.
 BarkCity
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 12:48:21 AM reply with quote send message to BarkCity Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

2015 Tampa show is coming up again! Anyone thinking of going/entering?

-----
Last edited by BarkCity on 5/14/2015 12:49:19 AM
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 1:32:37 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I might be there, have to call my Wolfhound owner. I may also be there with a professional handler, even if the Wolfhounds aren't there. Are you going?
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 7:49:16 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I will be there with my Keeshonden wink ;)
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 11:04:54 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

We will have to meet up, finally!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 10:54:53 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I actually may be in Richmond instead. I won't know until the last minute sad :(
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/15/2015 12:46:15 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

I actually live in Florida. I wish I could go but I just never have the time. Tampa is actually about an hour drive from my location.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
5/15/2015 9:15:18 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Shadow do you show dogs? In real life? Of not. You should go at least one day. It is amazing
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
5/15/2015 10:24:12 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I hope you are down here and not in Richmond LOL but if not then you will have to let me know when you will be down this way so we can finally meet in person! Hopefully I will have Valor when we meet up so you can meet him too.
 BarkCity
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2015 3:39:49 AM reply with quote send message to BarkCity Object to Post

I'll be going; I'm an hour away too.

I would love to handle a dog if anyone is willing to indulge a novice.
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2015 10:57:39 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

posted by Beach Dunes
Shadow do you show dogs? In real life? Of not. You should go at least one day. It is amazing
I second that, going to shows is tops, love going to shows and meet and greet areas! Wrong coast though.
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2015 11:34:23 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Oh, no I don't show in real life. I will eventually, though (or just get a handler), I've been meaning to search for a show puppy, but that would probably be in 3 years + from now. It's not the right time, plus no breeder would probably give me their pick of the litter since I will be a newbie, and I can't really decide between two breeds I want. So yeah. I want to go to a show, but I don't know. I guess I'm shy and a little but nervous. I think I saw somewhere on infodog about a show right in Orlando, that just might be better than going to Tampa.

Unless Tampa is where it's at? Lol

-----
Last edited by Shadowstorm Kennels on 5/16/2015 11:42:46 PM

Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2015 12:06:49 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Look if Orlando or Tampa has a specialty show in the breeds you are interested in, that aught to draw more entries and make a show worth going to more even if out of town. I'm right there with you though; I still find it hard to believe anyone would give up a good show dog to a nobody. I keep seeing breeder webpages saying they are "reducing" their kennels for various reasons... I'm not sure if I should believe them; I feel so naïve and I really don't want just another dog, I want a quality, healthy show dog! Reading online says co-owning is often how breeders work with beginners.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2015 8:47:45 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Co-owning is big even with experienced owners and show homes. Finding the right breeder with a co-own contract that both parties agree with is the most important part of entering into that kind of agreement.

As far as Tampa and Orlando go, they are both good shows usually. I might be at both, will know later this week.

Replies in this thread : 20

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.