Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Question sparked by curiosity
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/23/2014 6:35:12 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post   

Can a dog still get a merit award even if they are FH'ed? I had a champion dog who I FH awhile ago and I noticed he's got six offspring showing plus five more that are sessioning. I think he might just get a bronze! But is it possible when he is already FH? Or it doesn't matter? That would be awesome, sparks in my stomach, first *future* merit award in this kennel.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2014 12:10:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I believe he would still get the award. I think the owner would get a notice but perhaps the breeder does as well, but you might have to keep checking.

It's been a long time since I've have a bronze anything (lol).

It has been brought up before that there should be an automatic message in the breed forum for these awards. They are the rarest and deserve recognition.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2014 3:45:26 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I've had two merit awards (a dog and a bitch), but they are both retired in my two kennels. I do think you would get an automated message, though. I hope you do!
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 3:08:46 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Okay, thanks you guys! *fingers crossed*

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.