Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Someone bought a puppy and then FH'd it - why?
 Little Trot Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/29/2014 10:07:52 PM reply with quote send message to Little Trot Kennels Object to Post   

Hey guys,

I had a pup up for sale with a SOP of 93 in a breed that doesn't have too many active kennels. A member paid the $100, and then immediately FH'd it. It's no skin off my nose, I guess. I mean I got paid for the pup... but I can't help but wonder - what's the reasoning behind that?

Any ideas? Seems a little weird to me.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2014 1:00:07 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Some members will do it just to spread the wealth around some.

Myself, sometimes I do that unintentionally. That is, I buy a promising puppy and within a short period after buying it, find another, better puppy that fills that same spot in my kennel, or need to do a kennel cull and find that dog isn't absolutely vital etc.

I also find new basics seem to do this often. I suppose maybe they aren't sure what to do yet or are still looking and it sometimes leads to them buying and FHing dogs in quick secession.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2014 9:32:47 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
Myself, sometimes I do that unintentionally. That is, I buy a promising puppy and within a short period after buying it, find another, better puppy that fills that same spot in my kennel, or need to do a kennel cull and find that dog isn't absolutely vital etc.
I do the same thing occasionally...but if I purchase it, instead of just breeding it, I have a harder time FHing it.

I knew that about Basics, but I didn't know that people just randomly bought dogs to spread the wealth! SD really does have some awesome people...

Alexandria
 KaCee Boxers
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2014 11:00:23 PM reply with quote send message to KaCee Boxers Object to Post

If a basic user, they may have no idea what 'forever home' means. They may think the pup will be 'forever in their kennel'.

This, assuming they didn't read all the help links.
 Little Trot Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2014 8:06:29 PM reply with quote send message to Little Trot Kennels Object to Post

Innnnteresting. Well good to know that that's a thing. Thank goodness for being able to approve offers for a really great pup.

Thanks everyone!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.