Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : the Super(Clueless) Doodle's super weekend running agility!
 TCrown
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/5/2014 12:07:09 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Super-Doodle's runs from this weekend:

Friday's hard earned 1st place Standard, running at 4.88 yps (at a 660 show competing in 20" Masters!) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIdoYzGe7kE (superman striding pattern on her DW but she adjusted last minute with a nice front foot hit!)

& Friday JWW, time fast enough to have placed 4th and running at 5.97 yps- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTOGYg3N6IA 

& Saturday's Standard NQ but time fast enough to have been 3rd place! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtj8EDoC_SI (experimented for the first time using her 4-stride pattern on the DW at a trial)

& lastly Saturday's JWW- Q and 7th or 8th place I think - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBg-S4xNbk (good dog, bad handler! created some inefficient lines)

Friday was a Great day! Although we've had limited trialing this past year, Doodle hasn't Q'd in Standard since February of '13 (for crazy little things- falling off the table? Taking a tunnel trap that was *behind* us?!) until today!! We finally picked up another Standard Q with pretty nice efficient lines and gorgeous running contacts that gave her a hard earned 1st place! Her striding on her running dw was the exact same as what used to cause us so many "Superman!" flyoffs back during her running contact training but today she showed how well she understands to run through the bottom of the plank, so proud of the clueless doodle!! Then we dropped a bar on the double in JWW but with a time fast enough that would have earned her 4th place, she is so amazing <3 At the startline I handed her leash off to the runner and the crazy face lept up and grabbed/stole her leash back from him! It would appear it has progressed from deathgripping her leash tug before we can run to now stealing it from unexpecting runners, lol... ahem, bad dog! Sorry, this comes from a dog who used to only work for cookies and had no toy or obstacle drive so I'm very pleased with her craziness to play on the startline happy :)

Found out that before Doodle's retrain to running contacts as well as my learning to handle her turns better she had an average of a 4.09 STD yps since starting to run Masters courses and her fastest STD yps had been 4.55 (calculated from qualifying runs only). Today (Friday) Doodle posted a STD run of 4.88 yps!! 

Well, Doodle had another amazing day on Saturday! Had a thrilling Standard run, really taking the term "living on the edge" to a whole new level for us wink ;)  Made sure we were well connected at the startline by leaping up and grabbing my arm with her teeth (so much more fun then tugging on her leash afterall, little stinker, but couldn't help but smile at her excitement to get started) then ran HARD through the course, experimented with running her DW with only 4 strides (like she does at home where as until now she has kept to 5 strides at trials) and did happily make the contact by a toe! Nailed the turn off the DW without even considering going after the offcourse straight ahead and later showed off her superman skills sending that teeter flying toward the ground  On a course designed for Doodle to drop bars I'm pretty proud to say she only took 1 bar with her and her time would have put her in 3rd place! A huge groan of dissapointment from the sidelines seeing that bar drop but a ton of compliments on the run and what sheer fun it is to run with such energy beside my amazing little girl! JWW was fun, went clean with some less than efficient lines (bad handler!) that gave us a 6th or 7th place I think. All in all a fantastic day with my little blonde mop happy :)

Running a weekend like this and Doodle is ready for cookies and sleeping on her own (well okay, any) bed with her momma <3

-----
Last edited by TCrown on 7/5/2014 12:14:53 PM
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2014 5:28:54 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

These were really fun to watch. Doodle is really cute, and man, I am JEALOUS of those weave pole skills. Many moons ago I did agility with my first dog; we figured out everything pretty quick, but I never did train weaves too well, so I always have to bow down when I see a dog like yours whipping through them like that.

Congrats on the excellent work. You two make a great team!
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 2:18:36 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

Thank you! She is incredibly fun, quite the party girl and the kind of dog who never makes a mistake- not because we run perfectly but rather because it was obviously MY fault, after-all she's perfect don't ya know? wink ;)

On the other hand I'm pretty jealous of our weave skills too, lol! My baby dog has incredible weaves skills at home, however put her in a trial where she stresses and we start poking through the weaves, cross-footed and baby-stepping her way through... Poor girl. Saw a different baby dog driving hard through the weaves and thought to myself, I wish I had a dog who drove like that! *SLAP!* I already have a dog who drives hard, but it's funny how you take things for granted until you suddenly don't have something any longer, haha. My baby dog is teaching me a lot and constantly pushing me to be a more perfect handler for her whereas my Doodle pushes me to give our runs everything we have and TRUST what we've already learned and let the rest fall where it may happy :)

TCrown

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.