Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Sadly
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/6/2014 5:00:50 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post   

I've played this game for many years, almost 5, and since the salary change, all my kennels have gone in the negative and one of my oldest kennels is going down fast. I may actually end up having to unsubscribe simply because I can't get anywhere money wise in this game.

I think a lot of stress would be saved if money simply didn't exist in the game.

I feel like I'm not playing the game to the fullest for my money because I'm trying to save my SD money, ironically, but can't.

I also don't want to keep tiny kennels with 10 or less dogs and breed one female a week as that wouldn't be playing to the fullest either. *sigh!*
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/6/2014 12:25:40 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I wish I had an answer. I've been here almost 10 years and have never obsessed about money although I've had kennels $6000 or more in debt.

Everyone's in the black at the moment although there is one that's just over $1000 that needs some attention. I trim as much as I can to get the food bill down to below the minimum ($45/$60). I never use OldBoy. I sell very few, perhaps one or two a month, and the most I win is an occasional group 4th.

The only thing I do that is perhaps less common is that I watch the base salary. It goes through cycles which last about two weeks and can reach $100+ per day. (I think it's just starting a new cycle - $64, $68 the last couple of days.) I keep at least one kennel on salary all the time.

One thing I noticed is that you have about 5 breeds at the moment. I try to stick to one breed per kennel.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio9 on 7/6/2014 12:37:59 PM
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/8/2014 5:34:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Here I have 2 breeds, one Cane Corso for fun and recently quit the Great Dane so I had one that I just sold.

The only kennels that have done well were with really popular breeds, which took a long time to get "up" in those breeds and consistently make good money with nice studs.

All of my kennels, including the one-breed-per are in debt. I also rarely make a sale. In the rare breeds, I don't put studs up at anything that would make a huge dent in my salary.

IDK

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.