Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Need Breed Suggestions
 Spyte
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/6/2014 7:33:17 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post   

Hi everyone! I currently have Rottweilers and enjoy them but not thrilled with the competitiveness of them sometimes. I would like a 'rarer' breed, one that still gets CH & GCH and possibly a group or show placement. Right now on my list is the Black Russian Terrier and the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!
 CashmereKnl
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 7:48:55 AM reply with quote send message to CashmereKnl Object to Post

Pugs! I am having a lot of fun in them. Only a few breeders but people are friendly and willing to sell good dogs!
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 12:27:12 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Could you give Tibetan Spaniels a look? There is me and one other breeder and thats it. I have recently spent some time getting colours back into the breed but without anyone showing the breed is getting boring and I'm thinking about giving it up otherwise. Please have a look at my kennel & I'm willing to consider selling anything except my 88 SOP pup if it means I can get someone interested in the breed.
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 2:15:42 PM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

How about Portuguese Pointers? We have a showable SOP of 86.5+, sessioning is pretty quick, and we're just starting to get the occasional group placement. We're not very competitive, as there's not many of us showing at the moment (but Ch and GCh are still possible), and there's a bit of colour breeding to be done as only one colour (yellow and white) is at current SOP. And I have a surplus of dogs I can offer you to help you get started.
 Grazioso Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 10:07:51 PM reply with quote send message to Grazioso Kennel Object to Post

German Shepherds are always looking for new breeders! I am fairly fresh to the breed myself, but have managed to gather a few broods and am preparing for my first litters. I would be more than happy to help you out, and I'm sure the other breeders would as well! If you are interested or have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM!
- Grazioso
 OmegaDanya
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 11:34:56 PM reply with quote send message to OmegaDanya Object to Post

Otterhounds? I have an overabundance of nice young dogs and older, with some litters on the way, and am willing to part with any save for a few. There's only 2 active kennels including myself, so more people would be awesome. We're friendly, though not chatty, so you only need to ask.

The breed is currently in the 87-89 SOP. Easy enough to finish usually and get GCH. I think we have had the occasional group placements, though it doesn't happen often as far as I'm aware (I'm not too concerned with group placements at this point myself though, so I'm not trying for them, but I'm sure it's plenty possible and think I have had a couple? Not sure). The breed is getting there. It's a nice, relaxing breed to be in.
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 12:12:58 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

I have BRTs in my other kennel but have not yet gotten a show placement. I don't think I've gotten a group placement either.

The Keeshond is a rarer breed that gets group placements a lot. I have Kees and BRTs in one kennel and the Kees help a lot financially. I could get you started if you are interested. I enjoy them very much!

Reina
 Cornus
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 9:07:32 AM reply with quote send message to Cornus Object to Post

Belgian Laekenois
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 2:54:16 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Thank you for all the suggestions! Keep them coming!

There are a couple mentioned above that I am seriously considering.
 Black Rhapsody
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 3:42:39 PM reply with quote send message to Black Rhapsody Object to Post

Please consider German Pinschers! We have lost some big players. I will supply you with females and puppies! I'm totally happy to help build majors too.
 Black Rhapsody
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 5:07:19 PM reply with quote send message to Black Rhapsody Object to Post

I will add that we are starting to get group placements too. happy :)
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2014 4:31:03 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

re my post above I have now put my entire kennels of Tibbie up for sale

Some are fully sessioned.

Lisa

Replies in this thread : 11

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.