Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : My First Litter (Hamiltonstovare)
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/6/2014 9:04:36 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hello,
I show and now breed Hamiltonstovare in America. This is the first litter for the breed in America in over 5 years. I am extremely proud of them so far.

Sire: UKC UWP CH Kilcavan Captain Flint CGC

Dam: UKC CH Kilcavan Alice's Adventures CGC CGCA

Born: May 21, 2014 (2 boys and 2 girls) 6 weeks old in pictures
Boy 1 - Hank (Oceania Just and True)

Boy 2 - Griffin (Oceania Brave at Heart)

Girl 1 - Selene (Oceania Use Any Means)

Girl 2 - Raven (Oceania Wit Beyond Measure)

-----
Last edited by OceaniaFoxhounds on 7/6/2014 9:06:07 AM
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 9:56:16 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Congrats!! I think I may have saw something about this breeding on National Purebred Dog Day on Facebook?

Not knowing the breed standard- I'll go read it later happy :)- the first girl is immediately striking to me. I like her general structure and markings.
Have you decided who you are keeping and why? I would love to learn why!
Congrats again on the litter, what an exciting step for the breed!
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 10:25:25 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Yes, that was the breeding on National Purebred Dog Day. They were about 3.5 weeks old then. Both girls are very nice, the second 2 was being a complete wiggle-butt when the photos were taken. Look at the UKC breed standard for the American standard or the FCI standard for everywhere except England standard.

Thanks again for the compliment.
 Zahir
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 12:49:05 PM reply with quote send message to Zahir Object to Post

Congrats! How exciting!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 7:17:23 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Wow, that's so cool! They remind me a little bit of English Foxhounds...I'm assuming they're a hound breed? Very beautiful dogs!

Alexandria
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 7:35:10 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks,
They are sweden's idea of a foxhound and harrier combined in one. They were bred to hunt hare and fox singly or in a brace and never in a pack. They come from English Foxhounds, Harriers and now extinct german hounds that are related to the Deutsche Bracke. They are the easiest scent hound to live with in the house, easy to housebreak and are remarkable with children. I show in conformation but also dabble with weight pull, lure coursing, rally and starting agility with them. This is one of the most versitile and adaptable breeds that I have ever been around.
 Lokei
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 9:20:36 PM reply with quote send message to Lokei Object to Post

Very nice litter. Girl 1 also stands out for me too. Like boy 1 also.

Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 10:11:28 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Fascinating! I grew up around hounds and sporting dogs, so I know how hounds can be, lol. Beautiful breed, too bad it's so rare here.

Alexandria
 House of Wolves Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 10:54:03 PM reply with quote send message to House of Wolves Kennel Object to Post

So cool! I too saw them on FB, they are just lovely. A very unique breed that I hope to see more of around here!
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 11:02:46 PM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

Those parents are breathtaking.. A beautiful breed.. I know nothing about the breed but from just looking I like boy 1 and both girls girl 1 the best.
Amber
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 12:34:15 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

Congratulations! I have liked this breed since I was very young but rarely hear about it. Best of luck!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 6:51:33 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

These dogs look amazing, never seen this breed before. The colors are breathtaking. Best of luck with the litter(:
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 10:26:41 AM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

What beautiful babies! Congratulations. x)

-Sarah
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 12:37:59 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Congratulations on the new litter! I have only ever seen this breed in a very few books and never thought I'd hear of them beyond that! How does your breed community feel about AKC? Are there any folks that are looking to pursue acceptance, or are most happy in UKC?
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 5:41:48 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks everybody. We prefer to work with the AKC because it is what is recognized in Sweden and Norway, that way we can work with owners over there for stud services and good breeding relationships.
 KaCee Boxers
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 2:06:50 PM reply with quote send message to KaCee Boxers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Congratulations! Beautiful puppies. Although I am not familiar with the breed standard, will say I really like boy #2. Like the white collar, not as much white falling off muzzle as #1, like his thick thigh, nice return of upper arm, short and well let down hocks. Very sturdy looking!

-----
Last edited by KaCee Boxers on 7/15/2014 1:14:52 AM
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2014 6:15:34 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

congrats on the litter, I think Griffin is my fav
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2014 6:12:13 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I am very partial to boy #2! I think he is amazing. Very nice litter, but I'm definitely no expert happy :)
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2014 9:18:51 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks everybody. Boy #2, Griffin, is pet quality because of his markings as a white collar or partial white collar is a serious fault in the breed. He is going to an amazing therapy dog home where I might consider using him at stud later.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2014 5:41:30 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

posted by OceaniaFoxhounds
Thanks everybody. Boy #2, Griffin, is pet quality because of his markings as a white collar or partial white collar is a serious fault in the breed. He is going to an amazing therapy dog home where I might consider using him at stud later.
Such a shame that he is pet quality, but how wonderful he is going to be a therapy dog. If he had the proper markings would he be show quality? How is his conformation and structure otherwise?
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2014 11:07:24 PM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

I think Raven is super!

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler