Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Collars?
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/6/2014 4:45:21 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post   

I was wondering if theres a better option - ive tried regular buckle collars and a martingale style collar and am unhappy with both- parting and creasing of the fur even though I left ample space.

My particular boy is a labrador, we use a brittish style slip lead so at this point its more about safety and identification then functionality.

Hes microchipped, so permanent ID is there but working in vet med its become increasingly apperant to me that non dog owners arent necessarily aware microchips exists.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2014 9:21:29 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I know some people use the rolled leather to help keep the coat flat - maybe some Aussie/Collie/similar people can chime in, I know I've heard of a type of collar those breeds' people swear by, but I can't remember what it is.
My dogs don't wear collars, so I can't really say for certain what works and what doesn't

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.