Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : you just happen to suck
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/6/2014 10:56:21 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

When do you know to stop showing a dog who hasn't won any points/or who isn't good at shows? I can finish it all, but this one dog of mine, is making it hard on me, he will probably be the first to FH simply because I couldn't finish him. Ugh. He must really hate showing or he is just not showable. Yeah, he's got bad feet, but my line has bad feet and it's not even an important trait in the breed. He's only got two god damn points out of sixteen shows. I think I'm going to cut the plug... Cause you just happen to suck.

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=13163111

Any similar stories ?

-----
Last edited by Shadowstorm Kennels on 7/6/2014 10:57:08 PM
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 12:19:07 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

LOL

I hate it too. Got a nice pup all sessioned and all he gets is class wins. Then you've wasted a cool name too.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 6:52:28 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I hate that, or you give up and sell the dog and it becomes super popular. But hey, at least you picked up another 2 points today!

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 7/7/2014 6:53:48 AM
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 8:59:39 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Yeah, FINALLY. I was contemplating about FH him last night. But there was a puppy I sold a long time ago, thinking, "oh he is just average, not worthy to show," I was proven wrong, lol, *face plant* ended up being the #1 dog in that month. x.x
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 1:32:01 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Lol, yeah, I had one of those. Well, I've had more than one, but this one...I just barely finished him, he'd never done well, then he was getting class placings...and then boom, one day he got BEST IN FREAKIN' SHOW! I didn't know what in heck happened...

And, then, there are the ones who never do anything at all and you just really wanna kick their rear-ends.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 7/8/2014 9:52:13 PM
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 12:44:33 PM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

I get dogs that just don't show very well, even when their SOP looks like they should... It must be in the hidden decimals of their stats, I figure. However, I've also noticed that just because a dog doesn't show very well doesn't mean you should FH it. For example, this boy of mine:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13174015

He just never did very well in the show ring, so I gave up on showing him... but used him as a stud for a couple of litters and was VERY pleasantly surprised by the results. I have no idea why, but he sires good puppies, even if his show performance was lacking.

And I've had that happen enough times that if a dog doesn't do well in the ring, they still have the chance to redeem themselves by producing a worthwhile contribution to the next generation. It usually pays off - some of my best dogs have come from parents that I always felt should have shown better than they did.
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2014 10:45:08 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Guess what? Bumhead picked up the pace and got more points. Fourteen to be exact, only one more point and he will finish. He knew he was going to be bye bye, if he didn't get any more points, lol. But he still won't stay much longer (just waiting to get his last point) because I have better dogs winning back to back BIBs and placing high at specialties. He did produced two 90.70s, which is pretty high for the breed.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2014 6:04:01 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Haha, perhaps he was just a late bloomer!

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.