Search

.com Forum · Simulation Dogs Wanted

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Any breeds in real need of a new player due to low numbers?
 Vitali
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/9/2014 2:40:41 PM reply with quote send message to Vitali Object to Post   

I used to play this game years ago and have returned to playing. I am looking for a breed or breeds that I can get into that have really low levels of breeders and could do with a new breeder. I've not used any source dogs yet
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 2:43:15 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I have Briards in my Sombra Kennel account- There's me, and one other person, but I'm not too sure how active they are within the breed.
Often I'm the only one entering in shows, etc.
I have lower SOP for colors, but for the show lines I am about to break the 91 SOP mark.
I would be happy to set you up with some stock if you are interested.
I know there are many small breeds in need of help.
 Vitali
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 2:54:16 PM reply with quote send message to Vitali Object to Post

That sounds great. Is it worth me attempting to breed my own line using source dogs too?
 Stern Noir
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 4:20:28 PM reply with quote send message to Stern Noir Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

VERY low numbers of miniature pinschers. I have started a new line to bring back the lost chocolate and Black and Tan colors in the current generations. You have to do some crawling through old pedigrees to find more sires. It's a fun project though! happy :)

-----
Last edited by Stern Noir on 7/9/2014 4:22:49 PM
 Grazioso Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 6:39:50 PM reply with quote send message to Grazioso Kennel Object to Post

I have just started in German Pinchers and although we aren't at the place to use source dogs we are a smaller breed and always welcome new players! I have quite a few bitches that I would be willing to lease out to you. Even though we are smaller, we have lots of competition and it is easy to get majors in shows. The breeders are all so friendly and helpful! You really should consider us!
- Grazioso
 Sombra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 10:50:43 PM reply with quote send message to Sombra Kennels Object to Post

This is my briard kennel-
If you are interested in starting with source dogs- go for it!
It will take you awhile to get up in SOP though. That's what I did with my color line and I'm just now in the 50 range after about 3 months.
If be happy to help you out either way!
Taylor
 Vitali
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2014 3:24:57 PM reply with quote send message to Vitali Object to Post

I've begun a min pin kennel called Pinmin to help out that breed. Going to enjoy breeding for colours in that one I think happy :)

I also have yorkshire terriers due to an accident with source dog choices as well as briars in my Vitali kennel and my Pomdedom kennel is mainly pugs, anatolian shepherds and a german Spitz as I used to breed and show them real life. I have two more kennels I can begin but I think I have to wait a week before i can set them up so any other breeds that I could help out?
 Saragrave
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 3:24:17 AM reply with quote send message to Saragrave Object to Post

Portugese Pointers

A few of us have just decided to get back into the breed and the people that are there are nice a freindly.

Finishable SOP of 87
We get the odd Group Placement

Give us a thought.

Heaps of pups and broodies for sale as all the breeders are trying to attrach new players.

Saragrave
 Campbell Love
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 4:25:35 AM reply with quote send message to Campbell Love Object to Post

The Canaans could use more breeders. There are a handful of active breeders, but the ones that are here are great! I'm working on source breeding but there are others that are working on show quality.

Briards are great too!
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 7:14:01 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Gday!

If you are thinking of adding a new breed to your kennels - here is some information about 3 of the breeds that I am currently active in that would love some new players!

Caucasian Mountain Dogs (CMDs):

Top SOP: We just hit the early 89.00% in the past few weeks!

Breedable SOP range: mostly 88% and above, unless there is a high 87% with an awesome trait.

# of active kennels: Only THREE!!

Stud fees: 99% of studs are up for either $25 or $50. We currently have 16 studs available.

Anatolian Shepherds: (Tolians)

Top SOP: I believe someone just got a 91% dog the other day! Most of the high SOP dogs are in the 90% range

Breedable SOP range: We still have a lot of 89% dogs around too.

# of active kennels: Up until recently I was the only active kennel, but thankfully we now have 3 major kennels working on improving the breed, and we have recently had another 6 people join the breed (each with only a few dogs each). We are still looking for more players – and we would love to have some more competition in the show ring!

Stud fees: 18 studs currently available: ALL studs are up for $25 or $50

Tolians are one of those breeds that I just keep coming back to (have been on SD for 8 years). There are always friendly players, and everyone is willing to help eachother too which is awesome! I have had a project running for quite a while to improve the ‘Head’ trait – so there are always new projects coming up happy happy :)

Azawakhs: (I think of them as more refined and dignified Greyhounds, haha!!)

Top SOP: Just broke into the 90% range this fortnight which is awesome!

Breedable SOP range: majority are 88-89%

# of active kennels: A few months ago we lost 2 of the most major and highly respected players in the breed – so for a while it was just me. We have now got 6 kennels (5 of which have 10 dogs or less) active in the breed – so we definitely need some more active large scale kennels to help keep the breed going happy happy :)

Stud fees: $50 across the board. Approximately 18 studs available.

I am more than happy to set anyone up with some brood girls in any of the breeds listed above happy happy :)

I’m also more than happy to answer any questions on the breeds!

All of the above breeds have colour breeding available – however most of the people in each of the breeds aren’t currently focusing on colour breeding. Finding majors in these breeds is a bit hard at the moment due to a lack of entries as a lot of kennels have only just started out – but I always have pups being sessioned in all breeds – so there will always be competition when you’re ready to start showing! happy happy :)

For those interested my kennels are:
Ariege – Anatolian Shepherds
Quileute Legends – Caucasian Mountain Dogs
Chaos and Havoc - Azawakhs
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 8:33:42 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I second Canaans! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.