Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Best in Show win!!
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/26/2014 8:22:07 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post   

It has been a week since my Hamiltonstovare went Best in Show at the AKC Open Shows in Stafford, Va and I am still riding high from it. I am completely over the moon as it was my girl that had a litter of puppies just 8 weeks before. I entered her as filler for my male to get some points toward his CM but instead she was the start of the weekend. She came away with back to back group 1st's, a BIS and a Group 2nd. My male got a Group 1st as well.

I will post pictures when I have them, I am still combing over the photos from the show photographer.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2014 10:27:21 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Wow!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!
I can't even imagine what kind of a high that must have been happy :)
I can't wait to see new puppy pics too happy :)
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2014 12:35:21 PM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

Congratulations! Didn't realize they were an AKC recognized breed yethappy :)
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2014 3:27:31 PM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

They aren't, they are a FSS breed.

Congrats, OP.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2014 7:08:49 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

They are an FSS breed show we can show in AKC Open Show and every other companion/performance event except regular all-breed shows. We can earn every title except Ch and GCH. My guys have CGC titles and my female is the first hound and 4th all-breed to earn the CGCA title.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2014 7:10:11 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks again, it is classified as a "Best in Show" by the AKC which is awesome. We show as a fully recognized UKC breed.
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2014 11:01:45 PM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

We were there but only on Friday, with 3 Berger Picards. My puppet took BOB and a group 2!
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2014 11:02:59 PM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

You have some lovely Hammies....do you course them too?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 4:37:16 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats!! happy :)
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 4:33:27 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Awesome, yes I have tried coursing with my female. She is just one course away from her UKC CA but she has gotten so attached to me with service dog work that I doubt she will complete the course now.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2014 8:18:05 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

That's a wonderful win--congratulations! What a thrill!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2014 12:39:16 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Omg that's awesome! Continue the great work laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.