Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Red Help
 EZ Rodeo Spirit Greyhounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/2/2014 12:14:48 AM reply with quote send message to EZ Rodeo Spirit Greyhounds Object to Post   

Hi everyone! I have posted about this before but I still need a little help. I am trying to breed red Greyhounds and other than red brindle, what other colors might give me the red color? Would breeding to white work? Thanks!
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 1:16:13 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Red can be carried by any other color so it's just a matter of figuring out which dogs of other colors have the red gene. Blue Fawn dogs ALWAYS have the red gene (they are basically red dogs that are also blue- so breeding to red or red brindle should give you red and red brindle pups, and maybe blue brindle or blue fawn as well)

The best indicator is if a solid colored dog has produced red, red brindle, or blue fawn pups before- then you know they are Aay which means they carry the red gene.

OR if a solid colored dog has red, red brindle, or blue fawn parent, then they must also be Aay and carry the red gene.

If you need help figuring it out, feel free to PM me and I'll help talk you through it. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.