Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Swolon nipples 2 months after her first heat
 Cavs kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/2/2014 8:35:54 AM reply with quote send message to Cavs kennel Object to Post   

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before, i don't think she is pregnant because it has been almost 3 months sence her last heat. She will be one in September. Her nipples are still getting bigger, what do you think this could be? She is a cavalier King Charles spaniel.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 6:37:58 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

It could potentially be a phantom pregnancy - although the timing is a little out.

As with anything - if you are concerned - ask your vet happy :)
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 8:43:12 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

I'd say phantom. About a month after my girls season I noticed she was starting to get big nipples, I knew she wasn't pregnant so wasn't worried about that but she started being sick so was worried about pyrometra so took her to the vets. She also had a temp, A week of antibiotics later and she had developed boobs so went back and said I suspected a phantom so the vet felt her nipple and she had milk.

She was pit on galastop and increased her exersize and she was much better a week later, by two weeks back to normal.

A vet check would be a good idea for her
 Cavs kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2014 12:48:22 PM reply with quote send message to Cavs kennel Object to Post

Thanks! I don't think she is pregnant sence it's been 3 months after heat and she would have had puppy's by now, thanks for answering

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.