Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Another forum for each of the other games
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/3/2014 4:09:14 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

'Cuz this really should be in the "Other Topics" forum but I thought it involves more serious ShowDog issues than "Other Topics" usually does - so here goes - ShowRabbits:

---------------------------------
Well, I broke down out of curiosity and set up an account - I'm

"JustLooking"

Meatpens? Well I know I won't actually pay to play a game that openly "kills" anything. I even have issues with ShowHorse and "Liquidation", but since they don't actually become "deceased" (but healthy, lol) I've convinced myself that they are living happy lives on farms as the beloved riding/pet horse of somebody.

That said, I'm not sure of the point since somewhere in the game it says something about no payment for slaughtered animals. Did I miss something? There’s something about “removed” animals which sounds sort of like it might be a “Forever Home”.

I was mostly curious about the financial aspects, as in real money, since the "promo" said no subscriptions. So you get 500 "coins" to start and then you can buy additional "coins". There are different amounts starting at $6.95 or there abouts for 1200 or so "coins". I'm assuming that the 1200 “coins” is expected to last a little over a month for the average user, based on the proximity to the monthly subscription charge. Show”animal” meets the “BitCoin” I guess. So, depending on how long those “coins” would last me, I’d say ok, I could probably deal with this although I’m not sure how this will impact the closed economy model of ShowDog/ShowHorse. Will the real life “rich” folks be able to dominate the game since there seems to be no limit to the amount of real cash that goes into playing the game?

If you run out of coins, animal condition is lost, litters abort. I guess eventually they would all starve to death . . . You can feed more efficiently by buying feed in bags but the system feeds individuals automatically.

You can buy additional space using coins. If you have more bunnies than spots, again condition is impacted.

Otherwise, there are a few interesting components – and in absolute honesty, I’ve been looking on the basis of “what’s here that might be incorporated into SD/SH”. I’ll likely visit another time or two. Might even buy me a bunny with some of the 500 coins.

So, anyone else actually have a look at this? What’s your impression?

Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2014 4:40:30 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I was playing, but I've been sidetracked by SD.

That being said, rabbits are livestock. Rabbits are consumed. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but that's the basis for most shows of the sort.
The meat pens will be used for a specific type of judging.

https://www.arba.net/district/8/am-7-12-terryfender.html

The removal is the same as FHing.

Jeff is trying a new model which is not that bad. I purchased the lowest amount and built my rabbitry slowly. Most of the barn fees are one time since a large rabbitry is optional.

eta Bitcoin has no central authority or bank, no middleman. Coins are like SD dollars purchased with money through Paypal.

-----
Last edited by Leotyde Kennels on 8/3/2014 4:42:46 PM

-----
Last edited by Leotyde Kennels on 8/3/2014 4:54:54 PM
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2014 5:06:24 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I've tryed it, still on it but way prefur showdogs as in reality you can't play show rabbit unless you want to buy coins.
Yes you can sell rabbits but the majority don't sell, ive sold one on there and that's it all the rest end up being removed so they don't eat into my coins, I've seen others saying the same that your lucky to sell rabbits. I will not be buying coins as I don't like games where you have to pay real money to play. So eventualy my coins will be eaten up on feeding the couple of rabbits I have (been keeping only a pair to make the coins last), then I'll have to leave the game.
If they did it so u got say 2 coins every day so you could keep a pair or rabbits fed so that everyone can play to some extent. So people who wanted more than two rabbits and keep them in condition can pay for coins and do better and people who won't or can't pay can still play on a very tiny scale.

That's what I like about show dogs you can have your basic kennel and still keep and show dogs due to the daily salary so anyone can play. It's also what led to me and others I know paying to join and you get addicted to the game and your dogs where as with the rabbit one at the moment it's more frustration just watching your coins go down the drain so why would you want to throw your hard earned real money down there after them

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 8/3/2014 5:08:09 PM
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
8/3/2014 5:22:49 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Meat pens are part of virtually every single junior livestock show in the nation and are responsible for more kids feeding rabbits than anything other thing out there.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/4/2014 11:33:40 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Thank you to those who have actually played the game – your insight is appreciated.

So, a “meat pen” is basically just a class, sort of like obedience vs conformation vs field trialing with somewhat different characteristics being rewarded.

It may seem hypocritical, but I do eat meat! And I do respect those folks who do the “dirty” work. It just is not in my nature to raise animals for the sole purpose of having them killed, real or make-believe varieties. What I do object to is the unnecessary abuse and sensory deprivation that seems to be the “norm” in so many of these industries. The species does not really matter!

I’m still undecided about the “coins” vs monthly subscription. I can see where it might address some of the issues on both SD and SH although I’m not sure about some of the side effects.

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/13/2014 12:12:24 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Just an update re ShowRabbits and 'coins'.

I posted a question and got 5 coins, I responded to thank those who posted an answer and got 1 more - 6 days worth of rabbit pellets for my bunny!

Replies in this thread : 5

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.