Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Beach Blanket Ringo
 ShoStopper
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/6/2014 10:55:21 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post   

Hey all!

Thought I would share some photos of Ringo from his first ever trip to the beach. He enjoyed himself immensely but would like you all to know that, as it turns out, sea water tastes like crap.

If you saw his photos from earlier, you can see he's starting to grow coat again, although we've definitely got a ways to go yet!

GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/7/2014 9:55:01 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Beautiful photos, and a very handsome boy! I'm a big fan of shibas happy :)
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2014 1:01:10 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

LOL. Since I live 5 minutes away from a beach, I can confirm that the water does infact taste like crap.

Beautiful dog. Glad you guys had fun!
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2014 2:44:00 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

I've never walked my dogs on their showleads ... clips are too light for runs happy :)
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2014 3:45:55 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

posted by Tizzy Too
I've never walked my dogs on their showleads ... clips are too light for runs happy :)
Haha I assure you we don't walk our dogs on. show leads either. We brought his lead and collar and a camera because we wanted to take some nice pictures to show his breeder and knew the beach would make a lovely backdrop. He knows it's time to pose when the show lead comes out. Ten minutes later he was back on his regular collar and leash...
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 1:37:49 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

posted by GraceInGlory
Beautiful photos, and a very handsome boy! I'm a big fan of shibas happy :)
Thanks so much, Grace! I'm pretty fond of the guy and looking forward to seeing him mature!
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 1:42:24 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

posted by Beach Dunes
LOL. Since I live 5 minutes away from a beach, I can confirm that the water does infact taste like crap.

Beautiful dog. Glad you guys had fun!

Thank you for the lovely compliment on my boy!

I'd love to live near the beach - color me jealous!
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2014 1:32:14 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

He is gorgeous! Love his expression. Wish our Shibas liked the ocean...Honey Bear does to a point but in her 'older' age she is pretty picky on when she wants to go lol
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2014 2:59:19 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

posted by Spyte
He is gorgeous! Love his expression. Wish our Shibas liked the ocean...Honey Bear does to a point but in her 'older' age she is pretty picky on when she wants to go lol
Thank you, Spyte. happy :) Ringo appreciates the love!

Haha, well, now that Honey Bear is a lady of distinction, she's earned the right to be picky, I expect! happy :) There's no arguing with older Shiba gals, is there?

None of mine have ever enjoyed being in the water, but they do love going out to the beach for all of the scents and things to explore. About twelve years ago we met another Shiba person that did have a water-lover. He was out paddling around and we made a big deal over him because it was so unusual. At the time I had Tai (my first Shiba) with me on a long lead. I was standing about knee-deep in the water, and he was at the end of the leash on the beach, watching me exclaim over Gryphon the water-loving Shiba. You can imagine how Tai felt about that.

Out he comes, high-stepping into the water with this look of extraordinary distaste on his face. HIs legs were all stiff and his movement was stilted, like a little tin soldier, and you could practically see him gritting his teeth with a fake grin plastered on, like, "Hey. Look at me. I'm cool too. Aren't I amazing? I'm doing the same crap this guy is, look!" Of course, I had to make a big deal about it too, so he understood that I knew he was every bit as wonderful as Gryphon. As soon as he got the accolades, he was out of there, shaking off, and waiting for me to come out. Still makes me smile to think of it.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.