.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 68
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Bloodhound
 WR Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/10/2014 5:03:37 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post   

Looks like as with the game, I'll be getting my own real life bloodhound lol. He's more of a rescue, severly over weight 4yr old red male. We're going to call him Zeke happy :) Picking him up on Friday so we have the weekend to get him and my other dogs used to each other. Going to see him tuesday after work. My friend just rescued him from a junkyard I believe, but doesn't have the room for his large size so I said I'd take him. I love hounds and have always wanted to own one! I do have one pic of him so far and as soon as I have a chance I'll work on getting it on here.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2014 9:44:44 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

No way! We MUST have pics! My father had one when I was just a baby, and about, gosh, 10 years ago I rescued one who was being kept chained to a horse trailer and found him a better home- he was fun to have around until we found him his permanent home! happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2014 10:45:33 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I cannot wait to see him! My dog was severely overweight when we got him, too! Also was the beginnings of a hoarder.

Hope the introduction goes well!
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2014 4:25:29 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

If I did this right this is Zeke lol can't wait to get him home and start to get his weight under control.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2014 1:57:20 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Wow, you weren't kidding, he's BIG. But loveable I'm sure. Can't wait to hear more about him. happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2014 10:13:39 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

What a big boy! laugh :D

He's very handsome!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/12/2014 2:31:21 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

My, he is a big boy!

What did they rescue him from (lol)?

Seriously though, I hope it works out. He looks like a very nice fellow who just seriously needs to hit the gym. Otherwise he looks very well looked after.

Good luck and let us know how things progress.
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2014 4:53:42 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

Went to see him today and I must say this pic makes him look a lil skinny it broke my heart and made me furious someone could let a dog get this bad! I guess a relative of my friend owns a junkyard and someone dropped him off there with owners consent. Well my friend's husband brought him home lol but they just dont have the room in the house for him and already have three poodles and a yorki lol. So I said I'd take him as I've always loved the breed and I have to try to help this poor boy sad :( previous owners cared enough to have him fixed and utd on vet visits just didn't care enough to exercise or feed him properly.
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2014 4:56:16 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

I'm not even joking when I say his fat hangs over the base of his tail and it appears at this weight he is peeing from a hole in his belly. I could just cry. This dog is only four years old!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2014 5:50:47 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

At least now he'll get down to a good weight and be so much happier! He looks like a very happy boy! I cannot wait to watch his journey!
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2014 2:38:38 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Keep us updated with doggie weight loss transformation photos! laugh :D It sounds like he is in good hands now. happy :)
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/13/2014 10:04:42 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Poor fella. Can you imagine the strain on his joints hauling that bulk around!

He's going to feel so much younger as he sheds those extra pounds!

I hope you keep us updated on his progress. happy :)
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 4:28:42 AM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

Will do happy :) we get to pick him up today. Hopefully he can get into my suv. Definitely wouldn't be able to get into the truck lol. Maybe should take horse trailer lol. I'll post more pics so you can see how bad this boy really is sad :(
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 11:00:05 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Sending positive thoughts your way, that he integrates well!
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 2:39:56 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Grrr having trouble getting new pic to share

-----
Last edited by WR Kennel on 8/15/2014 2:41:05 PM
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 2:49:49 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 3:48:46 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Wow, you weren't kidding! How is it going?
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 4:33:36 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

So far so good. Maya the lab can't figure out why he won't play lol and chihuahuas aren't thrilled but so far no snapping. I think it helps that he moves slow lol. Trying to share pics but can't figure out how to copy on smart which is smarter than me lmao. When I get on desktop later I'll try there
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 5:01:56 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

We have flip phones, and I'm just fine with that! happy :) I'm glad it's going well so far! What does he think of everyone?

ETA: Hope you don't mind me getting the picture up for you. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 8/15/2014 5:04:10 PM
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 5:19:32 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

Oh thank you lmao, that pic was one my friend sent me this morning from her house. Here are some I took after we got him home happy :)

[URL=s1373.photobucket.com/user/wracres/media/zeke4_zpsd02970ac.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=s1373.photobucket.com/user/wracres/media/zeke3_zps993a8276.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=s1373.photobucket.com/user/wracres/media/zeke_zps5ac49dd3.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=s1373.photobucket.com/user/wracres/media/zeke2_zps9bd668e0.jpg.html][/URL]

I feel so bad for him sad :( Wish I could do more! Can you imagine the toll this is putting on his legs and organs?!
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2014 5:20:46 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

Keep in mind the pic with the choc lab in it, that lab is a little over 80lbs lol. Wanted to stop at the vets to weigh him in, but was afraid we wouldn't get him back into suv after lol

Replies in this thread : 68
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.