Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 68
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2014 12:07:57 AM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Love the photos! He's a lucky fellow and he's already looking slimmer!
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2014 7:39:21 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Wowza's !! I used to run the 'Weigthloss Clinic' for our patients (I'm a vet nurse) - and I've never seen a dog that fat before!

228 pounds works out to be about 103kg's here in Australia ... I'm in shock that the previous owner's allowed him to get that bad.

I'm so thankful that such a kind soul like yourself has taken on the challenge of helping him to lose weight and be a part of your wonderful furry family happy :) Kudos to you! happy :)

Would love to see many updates on him in the future happy :)

If you're interested - there is a fantastic weightloss food on the market at the moment from Hills - it's called Hills Science Diet Metabolic. We've seen some fantastic results with it here in Australia. Might be worth giving it a try happy :)
(Just thought I'd mention it - not sure if you're interested or if it's available in your area).
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2014 2:56:14 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

I will look into that food, thanks for the suggestion!

Everyone keeps saying what a challenge I've taken on lol I don't really see it that way at all, I'm just thankful to have him added to our fur family and can't imagine a life without him. I'm still so impressed with how good he is, he will walk right by the other dogs dishes and not even blink at them. One of my chihuahuas snapped at him a week ago and he didn't even flinch.

I found and contacted his breeder, she is a wonderful person and is working on sending me pics of him as a pup and his parents. She also thanked me for giving him a good home and for contacting her as he was the only one she wasn't getting updates on (I wonder why lol). I like to keep in touch with a dogs breeders and send them pics and updates on how their doing. I also facebook stalked the previous owner who put this weight on him and found a puppy pic of him I was so excited lol. Also saw he was definitely a house dog and saw a few pics of him sleeping on their bed. Pics from March so pretty current ones...
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2014 3:18:09 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Yay for stalking! razz :p

That's awesome you were able to contact the breeder. I'm sure she's happy to have an update on him.

It's always nice to rescue a laid back dog. lol
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2014 4:49:09 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

current pics plus his puppy pic happy :)

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2014 5:58:11 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

How cute!

Lookin good Zeke, keep up the good work!! happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/21/2014 1:07:03 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Adorable puppy! (Look at the size of those feet!)

Lovely dog.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2014 3:21:29 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Omg, the puppy picture. What's cuter than a button? Because that's what he is.

Cuter.

Than.

Replies in this thread : 68
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.