Search

.com Forum · Keeshond

Replies in this thread : 19

Author Topic : Wow.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/22/2014 4:44:48 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post   

I'm back after a couple of year absence. How many active breeders do we still have here besides Laural Manor? I'm not seeing any Keeshond show entries. Is there any interest in a Kees Specialty if I were to sponsor one? It makes me sad that the breed is on a downswing as far as activity...
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2014 5:03:38 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

The site as a whole has lost a lot of activity. Things seem to be slowly picking up, but many breeds are very slow, or dormant. sad :(
 Winter Heart
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2014 1:04:44 PM reply with quote send message to Winter Heart Object to Post

I'm in this breed. Been out of the show ring for a bit, but would be willing to come back!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2014 4:40:23 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Tree, that makes sense. I had forgotten all about it until I got an email inviting me to come back the other day.

If anyone wants some points, I signed a barely sessioned dog up for some shows to give some breeders here some competition, a chance to get some points. I'll probably throw a specialty up soon too.
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/23/2014 4:50:25 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

posted by Gypsy Wind Kennels
If anyone wants some points, I signed a barely sessioned dog up for some shows to give some breeders here some competition
Might want to read this:

www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=87

And brush up on how to choose handlers, too.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2014 6:25:37 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

posted by Leotyde Kennels
posted by Gypsy Wind Kennels
If anyone wants some points, I signed a barely sessioned dog up for some shows to give some breeders here some competition
Might want to read this:

www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=87

And brush up on how to choose handlers, too.

I'm aware - wont get disqualified, dog meets the bare minimum. And I remember how to choose handlers, but thanks.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2014 6:27:27 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Sorry, didnt mean to come off as a bitchy, but neither choosing handlers or ring disqualifications have changed in the past 2 years, I'm good. Appreciate the attempt at help. happy :)
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/23/2014 6:43:40 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Sure, none of my business. Just trying to help but you can take that however you want.

-----
Last edited by Leotyde Kennels on 8/23/2014 6:45:23 PM
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/24/2014 4:33:47 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I am active in breeding -- will be showing once I build up my "bank balance" and can afford to start putting my top dogs through sessions again.
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2014 6:11:52 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

I'm active. Just starting back after a years hiatus - some may remember this kennel and the prefix 'Estrella'.

I will be actively showing. I have a few young dogs currently sessioning.

A suggestion - it would seem that Keeshonds are severely down in terms of showing numbers as the OP pointed out. Perhaps, to generate feasible showing, many of us could commit to only entering under judges who prefer owner-handled dogs? (where possible of course). That way, at least all dogs are given a chance free of handler bias & then all kennels would be getting their $5 worth.

Just a thought happy :)

Analeyn
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2014 10:48:16 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Certainly a thought! And I'm thrilled that we have 8 Kees entered tonight. Someone will get a major!

I also have a speciality on the calendar for later in September.
 Dragunov
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2014 1:01:45 AM reply with quote send message to Dragunov Object to Post

Sorta active here at V Zwolfjager. Downsized but things are beginning to pick up with two dogs sessioning at the moment. Looking forward to showing Keeshonds again. Thank you for the effort.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2014 2:05:44 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Fernlea had a big night tonight! Congrats!
 Winter Heart
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2014 1:02:34 PM reply with quote send message to Winter Heart Object to Post

Just realized I didn't have my studs listed. Will keep them low priced. happy :)
 shelhond
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/27/2014 6:33:57 AM reply with quote send message to shelhond Object to Post

I'm back after a couple years off. Wont be ready to start showing for awhile yet though.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 11:29:35 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Good to see you back Shelhond! And congrats on your BiG last night Fernlea!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 11:30:30 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

And I just got back myself Shelhond, or Id offer you a hand getting on your feet. Truth be told, I'm still trying to get back on mine!
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 12:00:09 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

I've just added a new thread for the Keeshond breeder community. Perhaps we could all make a regular effort to post there with kennel updates, new studs, sales etc? happy :)

Also, welcome shelhond happy :) Please PM me if you need anything, though I am just starting back in this kennel too.

Analeyn
 Dragunov
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 1:37:28 AM reply with quote send message to Dragunov Object to Post

Spyte also has Keeshonds.
 shelhond
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/28/2014 1:53:06 AM reply with quote send message to shelhond Object to Post

Thanks all, I think I will start slow, so as not to go into debt, although fine now, I know how quick it can vanish if your not careful.
I am on the lookout for a nice bitch though.

Replies in this thread : 19

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.