Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Italian Greyhounds are a go!
 tayside
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/27/2014 12:15:41 PM reply with quote send message to tayside Object to Post   

So fun to be back in the game after 7 years (holy crud... I can't believe it's been that long!)

I decided to start with IGs, mostly because I love their pictures - Picardy did a great job on them (and all the others, too!)

I've noticed that there aren't a lot of people working with IGs currently. I contacted a couple of kennels I could find to see if they had any advice but haven't heard anything back in a couple of days.

So do any of you have random IGs in your kennels but aren't focused on breeding them exclusively? Done any showing with them lately? Can you tell me anything I should know (average SOPs, etc.)?

Very grateful for anything you can share! Plus anything I ought to know as somebody who hasn't set foot in here for 7 years. happy :)
 Ruby Bloom Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 2:23:32 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Bloom Kennel Object to Post

A few things have changed. For one, our dogs can now earn Grand Championships. For another, the puppies are settled at birth. That's about all I can think of for now - welcome back!
 Ruby Bloom Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 2:26:10 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Bloom Kennel Object to Post

PS. If the IG breeders don't get back to you and you don't want to breed up from source, come and check out JRTs wink ;)
 tayside
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 5:09:42 PM reply with quote send message to tayside Object to Post

I'm trying to start a line from Source. Got a pretty decent bitch (for a Source dog!!) so that's a nice surprise.

How does GCH work?
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/27/2014 5:42:19 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

posted by tayside
How does GCH work?
Info on that here:
www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=94
 Grizzly Mountain
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 7:04:05 PM reply with quote send message to Grizzly Mountain Object to Post

I have a few nice females for sale, if you are interested.
 tayside
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 8:38:37 PM reply with quote send message to tayside Object to Post

Just got 'em -- thanks!! laugh :D And thanks for the link, Leotyde
 Kovert
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2014 10:57:54 PM reply with quote send message to Kovert Object to Post

After seeing this post figured this would be a good breed to get into them as well! If any of you have some dogs to sell please let me know! Thanks!
 tayside
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2014 10:59:34 PM reply with quote send message to tayside Object to Post

Hooray, more!! laugh :D I just started out but when I have some for sale I'll post in the breed forum.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.