Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Looking For A New Breed?
 Vivente
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/30/2014 5:53:20 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post   

Portuguese Water Dogs need your help! There are only currently two breeders left, including myself (and I am the only one entering dogs, as of this last week), of this wonderful breed. I would love to help anyone get started, in any way possible! I am willing to lease broods, sell pick puppies, etc. I love this breed, but really don't want to be doing this alone happy :) Here is some information for those interested:

High SOP: 92.05, but she is the only dog to break 92 so far. I have one other 91.80, but most are in the low 91 range still.
Finishable SOP: 91.2+, but with more players, there may be more variation. This is the SOP that is able to defeat specials to earn majors!
Number of active players: 1-2. I have sold a dog to a basic who is willing to help finish, but no other breeders.
Studs and Sales: None are more than $100, but I personally never place mine above $50. Sales used to be fairly frequent, but have dwindled.
Colors: We have beautiful Picardy pics! All colors are present in the ring, but Whites are less common, if you are interested in a color project. Browns are most common.
Traits: I have been focusing on Head and Top Neck & Back, since those are worth the most points. Forequarter, hindquarter, gait, and coat could use work if you are interested in a trait project.
Show Placings: Some judges (Bruce Bass) will almost always place a Portie in group. As we rise in SOP, group placings are becoming more common amongst other judges, also!

Here is the link to the breed page: www.showdog.com/dogbreed/Portuguese_Water_Dog.aspx.

Please feel free to PM me if you are interested! I am looking into hosting a specialty in the future as an added incentive for new breeders happy :)

Em
 Disclosure
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 5:53:30 AM reply with quote send message to Disclosure Object to Post

I'll probably be willing to give them a go. I'm selling the afghans so, I'll have space. happy :) Send me a message to Disclosure.

Thanks!
 steam train
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2014 4:51:11 AM reply with quote send message to steam train Object to Post

this is a newer account but I played awhile I did add this breed as I saw it needed help but finding dogs /bitches is not easy

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class