Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Update, Introduction, and Brags!
 Elk Creek Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/31/2014 3:43:45 PM reply with quote send message to Elk Creek Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 8 time(s)

Two years ago, I introduced you all to my boy Dealer "Soraj Rolling the Dice at ElkCreek". Since then he has matured into a wonderful boy and now has four points towards his AKC championship. He has taken his own sweet time to mature and four of his littermates have finished before he earned his first points. I kept telling his breeder that we were saving the best for lasthappy :) We also have made our agility debut at a local NADAC trial in "intro tunnelers". The first day he was wild, but for the most part did stay with me. The second day he was even better, completing the course in the right order and not taking any extra tunnels. We ended the trial with a second place finish on our last run just missing a "Q" by being 2.40 seconds over time. In all, I'm very happy with how he is turning out and I can't wait for the local fall shows in six weeks here in Boise, ID.

Since introducing Dealer, I have added another Irish Setter to the house. Her name is Kes “Meadoview’s Winterstar at ElkCreek”. She was born on Nov. 30, 3012 and is a very busy girl. She was the first dog ever that I put a point on and I believe that she’ll be the first one that I’ll put a title on. This summer we started taking tracking lesson and she is a rockstar. I just tell her to “get to work” and she puts her nose down to follow the track start to finish. I’m hoping to have her ready for the local spring tracking trial next year.

Thanks for letting me share!

-----
Last edited by Elk Creek Kennel on 8/31/2014 4:28:35 PM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 12:40:37 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Congratulations! Love seeing dogs in more than just conformation. They look amazing (:
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 2:54:10 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Congrats on your successes! I do remember Dealer; it's good to see him back on the site!

Keep us updated on how they are doing -- I can't wait to hear about that tracking title when you nab it! Will you pursue a TDX and VST after the TD?

Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 12:22:22 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Beautiful dogs! I love Irish Setters! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. happy :)
 Elk Creek Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 10:33:32 AM reply with quote send message to Elk Creek Kennel Object to Post

Thanks everyone! After Kes earns her TD, we'll try for her TDX. I'm not sure how far we'll go after that. I'm lucky enough that a local club is offering tracking tests and I can take lessons from a few people. After she earns her TD we might also try for her JH since she's bird crazy.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 12:06:47 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Both are beautiful! Your boy reminds me of our male IW. He has shown so selectively that he is still working toward his CH at 4 almost 5. He was also very slow to mature.
 Cloudpointe Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 6:16:23 PM reply with quote send message to Cloudpointe Kennels Object to Post

Ahh Mr. Dealer! I've shown him before wink ;) Let's see if you know who I am through a picture of my dog razz :p

Elk Creek Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 10:00:16 PM reply with quote send message to Elk Creek Kennel Object to Post

Hi Amy! Will you and Miss Binna be at Richland and are you also coming to Boise?

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.