Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Terrier Trials
 Ruby Bloom Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/1/2014 12:45:37 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Bloom Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

This is not about conformation showing, but whatever happy :)

I took my JRT, Cooper, to a terrier trial fun day this weekend, where he took first place in his class for lure-coursing, having never done it before! We have work to do on go-to-ground and will be following the method on terrierman.com unless there are other suggestions. I am just curious who, if anyone, here goes to these trials regularly. Do you have any training tips, etc? I would love to hear your experiences. Thanks!

My husband and Cooper

-----
Last edited by Ruby Bloom Kennel on 9/1/2014 12:46:03 PM

-----
Last edited by Ruby Bloom Kennel on 9/1/2014 12:46:48 PM
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 12:52:13 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Good job!! Sounds like fun!
 Ruby Bloom Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 1:03:54 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Bloom Kennel Object to Post

Thanks, Tizzy, we had a blast. Two days later, Cooper is still strutting around like he's the man - I'd say he enjoyed himself too, lol.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 2:55:42 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Never been to one, but it sounds like a lot of fun and a great outlet for terrier breeds. Congratulations -- looks like you may be hooked on a new hobby! wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.