Search

.com Forum · English Setter

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Liver and Tan????
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/1/2014 8:41:00 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post   

It's missing. Any particular reason?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2014 11:14:31 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I just checked - the colour is there but it's mis-labelled as just liver, and we will need another picture.
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2014 11:58:34 AM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What are you actually referring to? Tricolor?

eta, isn't it just: orange belton, blue belton (white with black markings), tricolor (blue belton with tan on muzzle, over the eyes and on the legs), that's blue belton and tan on here, lemon belton, liver belton?

-----
Last edited by Leotyde Kennels on 9/2/2014 12:01:51 PM
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2014 10:41:16 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

By "Liver & Tan" I an actually referring to a Belton. Yes, it's a tri as is the blue belton with tan.

If you look at the "Liver Belton" group in the list of genetic codes, the last two are At/At, b/b, E/? which means they would be tan pointed and should be called "Liver Belton & Tan" to be consistent with the "Blue Belton & Tan".

www.showdog.com/breeds/genetics.aspx?breed=English+Setter
 Bountiful Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 12:06:42 AM reply with quote send message to Bountiful Meadows Object to Post

I've noticed something similar with Australian Terriers. There's both blue and tan, and solid blue. And, then, there is black and tan, but no solid black. There ought to be solid black. It's there genetically.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 1:05:59 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Way back when, when colors were added, the folks in the breeds decided what colors they wanted added, it may have been an oversight by the breeders. happy :)
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 2:28:41 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Here's the original color thread. Looks like it was just sloppy coding and the English Setter breeders didn't realize/notice. Since it requires no code change, Jeff *might* add it in for you- if you can get the rest of the English Setter breeders or the majority to agree.

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=264974
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 2:26:21 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Well, I'm new to the breed (only have one) but I would like to see this corrected.

It should only be a matter of changing the name on the two instances and of course getting one more picture done.

Heads up though, if you have a "Liver Belton" in your lines, they maight suddenly develope tan points (lol).

TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 5:36:08 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

I probably have the majority of livers in the breed right now and I'm fine either way. If it gets added/changed I'm good with that but if not I can carry on the way we are too.
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/6/2014 10:41:17 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

I've sent the following message to "Contact Us". I'm not sure if or when it will be read or acted upon, but it has been sent.

----------------------------------
English Setter Colour:

Since adding an ES to this kennel I've noticed that there is no acknowledgement of the liver/tan. It must be there since we have the black&tan and liver, thus logically we should have liver&tan.

The genetic code is there however it is mis-labelled as "Liver Belton" when it should be "Liver Belton & Tan" in keeping with the "Blue Belton & Tan".

There are two instances of this:

Blue Belton AA BB EE
Blue Belton AA BB Ee
Blue Belton AA Bb EE
Blue Belton AA Bb Ee
Blue Belton AAt BB EE
Blue Belton AAt BB Ee
Blue Belton AAt Bb EE
Blue Belton AAt Bb Ee
Blue Belton & Tan AtAt BB EE
Blue Belton & Tan AtAt BB Ee
Blue Belton & Tan AtAt Bb EE
Blue Belton & Tan AtAt Bb Ee
Lemon Belton AA bb ee
Lemon Belton AAt bb ee
Lemon Belton AtAt bb ee
Liver Belton AA bb EE
Liver Belton AA bb Ee
Liver Belton AAt bb EE
Liver Belton AAt bb Ee
Liver Belton AtAt bb EE - should be "Liver Belton & Tan"
Liver Belton AtAt bb Ee - should be "Liver Belton & Tan"
Orange Belton AA BB ee
Orange Belton AA Bb ee
Orange Belton AAt BB ee
Orange Belton AAt Bb ee
Orange Belton AtAt BB ee
Orange Belton AtAt Bb ee

I have brought this up in the ES forum and there are no objections - no one seems to care very much but it is an error. All it requires is a change in the label and we would need one more picture from Picardy to complete the set.

It's not a high priority but a fairly simple fix it seems.

Thank you.

-----------------------------
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/10/2014 4:49:14 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

Thanks for doing this Gayle, hopefully it gets looked at soon.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/11/2014 11:56:58 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Thanks.

I got a message from Picardy that she will add the LBT to the next batch she sends in to Jeff.
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2014 10:18:10 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

That's great.
 Picardy
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2014 12:05:11 PM reply with quote send message to Picardy Object to Post

Done and sent!

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.