Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Group 3rd!!! Also GCH point question...
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/3/2014 11:49:44 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post   

My 2yr old Cairn bitch, Eevee, and I got 3rd in group this weekend!! It was only our second time in the specials ring and our first BOB win too! Very thrilling!!

Regarding GCH points: Are they sort of calculated similar to championship points? For example:

We went BOS earlier this summer, so she earns points based on the number of female Cairns defeated, correct?

And this weekend she earns points for the Cairns defeated by the BOB, but no GCH points are awarded for the group 3rd, right?

Any help is much appreciated!
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 12:53:52 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Congratulations, Sarah!!! Who was the judge? I don't actually know how the CKC calculates GCH points, but AKC is basically the same as regular points but need 25 points and 3 majors including a BOB.
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 4:32:40 PM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Thanks!
Yes, I know that here in Canada for a GCH we need 20 points, one BOB and I think 2 major wins. I'm just not entirely sure how points are awarded, but I think it's very similar to AKC.

Our group 3rd under Canadian judge Kim Ramey-LeBlanc.
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 5:48:39 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yes, you are correct. You would need to look up how many dogs equal how many points (as I don't remember off hand). But, if you go BOB you add all the breed dogs that competed that day and you receive the corresponding points. If you go BOS, you only add up the dogs of that sex (be it males or females respectively) and you receive the corresponding points. Like wise if you go Select (with either sex) you calculate all the dogs of the same sex as yours, minus the dog that beat you for BOB/BOS.

And yes, you need 20 points, with 2 majors, and one BOB. All achieved at the breed level after your Championship has been earned. CKC will probably keep track for you. I had Molly's points all calculated, I was just waiting on number of dog confirmation before sending in her paper work and I received her GCh certificate in the mail. And her sire, who we thought needed 2 more points to finish his GCh. Received his at the same time.

krisk

And BIG CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

-----
Last edited by krisk on 9/3/2014 5:50:39 PM
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 7:26:00 PM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Thank so much Krisk!! Very helpful!

I'll have to double check the numbers but I think we're at 8 points so far, with both majors and since this past weekend, the BOB too!

Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 10:47:02 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

I'm thinking that since CKC counts group points towards a regular championship, it would also count as a major for GCH. Even AKC count a group placing as a major for a GCH but only Group 1 counts towards a regular championship.
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/4/2014 10:04:01 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Acclamation, I don't think it does. It says "All required points are to be earned at the breed level."

cdctraining.com/docs/grand_champion_motion.pdf

Group placements do count towards the GCHEx title.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2014 2:40:03 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Just popping in to say congratulations! What a special win for the two of you!
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2014 6:46:42 PM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Thank you ShoStopper happy :)
 Mychazo
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2014 11:16:39 PM reply with quote send message to Mychazo Object to Post

I like this judge. Kim Leblanc right ?

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.