.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Picking shows to enter and picking handlers
 me__0021
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/4/2014 4:15:44 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post   

Hi All,

A long time ago when I played there used to be a few people who had sites that helped you to pick the best judge for your dog based on traits. I think it then moved to an excel spreadsheet. Somewhere I still have printouts of lists for my old dogs that helped me work out which shows to enter.
Are there any such things now a days or is it just a case of pot luck or what you create yourself?

Additionally the handler rankings down the side of the 'choose handler' page has me confused. Am I picking the handler with the lowest score or the highest score?

I've been reading the help centre a lot, but these questions just don't seem to be covered well.

Apologies for asking silly questions and thanks in advance for help,

Jessica
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2014 5:03:28 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Yow want the lowest number possible - handler with a rank of 9 is better than a handler with a rank of 23.

Also, some judges prefer dogs over bitches (or bitches over dogs) and some prefer the owner to handle the dog. You can find that nfo by clicking on the judge's name on the entry form, or on the judge list page (very top left of your page under tools and stats).

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.