Search

.com Forum · Keeshond

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Imagine my surprise
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/6/2014 4:18:23 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post   

I was flipping through all time Keeshonds looking for an inactive kennel who might still have a stud or two hanging around, when much to my surprise, I saw #64 is still mine! I laughed! And on a sadder note, its depressing to see all these old kennels who I remember so vibrant and full of keeshonds. sad :(
 Winter Heart
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 6:19:12 PM reply with quote send message to Winter Heart Object to Post

Congrats on your achievement! Even if it was a while ago. happy :) I didn't even know this site existed until last April. Shame, seems like something I would have really liked 10 years ago. Would have been interesting to see it at its busiest. Maybe I would have gotten interested in purebred dogs IRL a lot sooner than I did.

Jessica
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2014 2:16:32 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Despite the drop in players there is still plenty of fun to be had happy :) Especially when communities of players form within breeds. I think that it is much more enjoyable to be friendly competitive rather than cut throat competitive.

Congrats on your ranking too happy :)

Analeyn
 Winter Heart
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2014 2:25:12 AM reply with quote send message to Winter Heart Object to Post

Agreed! happy :)

Jessica
 Arkay3
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2014 8:18:21 AM reply with quote send message to Arkay3 Object to Post

OK, so I read this and had to go look because I used to have the top winning dogs and well, I still do. happy :) #1 & #2!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2014 2:38:33 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

posted by Arkay3
OK, so I read this and had to go look because I used to have the top winning dogs and well, I still do. happy :) #1 & #2!
Yeah yeah, we know you bred awesome dogs. Although thats still something definitely to be proud of. I think that the game as a whole has gotten much smaller, so its much harder to place on the "all time" list, because there's just not as many dogs in the breed to beat. Now that we're taking BiGs and whatnot, it would be a different story if group dogs counted, but only breed. And if theres much less breed competition than back in our original days, yours especially, then not as much chance to place on the list. I mean, they didnt even have Grand Champions last time I was playing. But even with the GChs we have now, theyre just not beating the numbers because the numbers arent there. Its kind of sad. A bunch of breeders have been coming back in response to the "we missed you" emails, but the game itself has slowed down very dramatically. Its very obvious when you look through the public and breed forums. Even here in the Keeshond forum, one or two pages back and you get posts from a few years ago. Looking at the "most recent" forum topics is depressing because it can be a day or two between posts on ALL THE FORUMS put together!
 Arkay3
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2014 2:46:52 PM reply with quote send message to Arkay3 Object to Post

LOL, I know I have been back for about a year in Rat Terriers, not nearly as many dogs being shown as there used to be. Maybe if we all work together we can fix that.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2014 5:55:44 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Indeed. I'm sorry I dont have any good breeding stock to offer you myself. Ive only been back about a month. Good bitches be hard to come by these days. Although you could breed the butt ugliest, worst stats, barely better than a start bitch scrub to Analeyn's House of Cards and get a good litter - that dog's got the good baby gravy!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2014 5:57:06 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

And Shelhond does have a 94.15, which is even finishable, bitch for sale for $100 right now....
 Arkay3
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2014 8:31:01 PM reply with quote send message to Arkay3 Object to Post

I made an offer on her yesterday, waiting for a response...

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class