Search

.com Forum · Hound Breeds

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Handler faux pas?
 Anandel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/6/2014 10:19:14 PM reply with quote send message to Anandel Object to Post   

I've just gotten back into this game after ages away and I've entered a few shows. I just noticed that Borzoi folks don't tend to use handlers in the shows---I have "hired" handlers for all my show entries...is this a faux pas??
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2014 11:50:50 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I say no, handlers are there to be used, and it is against the rules if anyone tries to tell you not to. Different players have different goals. If you want higher than breed placings for instance, handlers are going to be a must. You play how YOU want to play, and don't worry much about the others.

It may not even bother them. Some people will enter dogs without handlers to see how they rank against each other, amongst other reasons. Which won't be effected by your handler use at all.
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 12:12:06 AM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

No, you are free to use handlers whenever you want. However, I looked at your entries and it looks like you have used handlers under those judges that prefer to see the owner handling it (Doris Turner, Bruce Bass, etc.). When entering shows, check the judges preferences by clicking on their name. Unless it says that the judge prefers owner handlers, feel free to use handlers! You also want to use the handlers on the right side of the screen, with the highest ranking (lowest number) possible.

Em
 Anandel
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 6:39:29 PM reply with quote send message to Anandel Object to Post

Thank you both! It's been 9 years since I played and I've forgotten most of the finer points of the game--I appreciate your help!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.