.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Points?
 Lumen
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/7/2014 1:23:11 AM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

My class bitch Lumen Royalty won BOS today over 4 dogs (including herself), and was awarded 1 pt. The day prior, she won BOB over 4 dogs (including herself) and was awarded 3 pts. Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.. Links below.

I guess I am assuming that by going BOS she was also BOW?

1 pt/today:www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Farahday+I+Show&breed=Shih+Tzu

3 pts/the day before: www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Airblu%2068&breed=Shih%20Tzu

-----
Last edited by Lumen on 9/7/2014 1:25:07 AM
 Ruby Bloom Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 1:58:12 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Bloom Kennel Object to Post

When she went BOS, she was also BOW at that show but the Winners Dog also only earned 1 point. If the Winners Dog at that show had beat enough dogs to earn 2 points, your bitch would have earned 2 points as well. If she'd won BOB, she would have earned 4 points for beating 4 dogs. You don't take the total of all the dogs beaten to figure out points earned for BOW.

When she went BOB, the dogs she beat all went into the points earned.

I hope this makes sense. Why are points awarded differently for BOW and BOB, I dunno.
 Lumen
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 2:49:56 PM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post

Thanks. I have shown AKC for 10+ years, and I thought it was the same as AKC, apparently not. happy :)
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2014 4:15:21 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

It is the same as in AKC. For instance, when you win BOB, you count ALL of the dogs defeated (in this case, 4 = 3 point major). However, when she went BOW/BOS (the BOS was a default since there were no specials bitches), there was only 1 point available in both dogs and bitches, so she did not earn any more points for going BOW. AKC is the same way, as you don't count all the dogs defeated by going BOW, but you do get the higher points count beween the two sexes...but in this case, it didn't matter much since there was only one point in each. It is only when you win BOB that you count all dogs defeated (or, if she had gone BOS over specials bitches, those could have been added to the bitch count defeated). I hope that makes sense, but it is the same in AKC lol.

Em
 Lumen
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 6:25:24 PM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post

In AKC, if you go BOB, you do not get points for how many total dogs defeated, only the higher # of points that are available to class animals. Say there was an entry of 2-4-0-0, with the point schedule of 1 pt for 2 dogs defeated, 2 pts for 3 dogs defeated, 3 pts for 4 dogs defeated, 4 pts for 5 dogs defeated, and 5 pts for 6 dogs defeated (for both sexes).

If you had a class dog and won WD/BOW/BOB, you would be awarded 3 pts (because there were 4 bitches, which is 3 pts). You would not be awarded 5 pts, even though you beat 6 dogs cumulatively.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 9:18:07 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It's a tad bit different. In AKC you configure the CHs entered as if they were the same gender of the class animal that won BOB, regardless of sex.

here in SD all class animals are considered into the equation regardless of whether they are CHs or not.

So in AKC, you CAN get higher points than awarded to just WB/WD (if beating out specials), however, it's not total points of ALL dogs entered (class and CH)

I had not noticed that slight difference before - I had known to make majors by going BOB but not paid any attention to the fact that it was actually different than AKC, which I've also shown in for 8+ years.

-----
Last edited by Astoria Kennel on 9/7/2014 9:19:53 PM

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing