Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : roll call? any updates or any idea what happen to these people?
 sscressa11
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/7/2014 10:26:55 AM reply with quote send message to sscressa11 Object to Post   

Just curious what happen to some of the people who used to be on here or if people know how they have been doing...
There was some who showed/bred: Irish settlers? saint bernards? pointers? and hounds? coon hounds? German shepherds? toy fox terriers? Border collies? Shiba Inu? newfoundlans? And not to forget the person who had pomeranians! Just to name a few... lol ? Just curious if any of those people are on here and how are their dogs?
 sscressa11
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 10:29:38 AM reply with quote send message to sscressa11 Object to Post

There used to be a lot of updates about their dogs and breeding or show career but I haven't heard anything in months or in a year it feels like.
I'm sure there are many more dogs I'm forgetting... sad :(
 CashmereKnl
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 12:14:00 PM reply with quote send message to CashmereKnl Object to Post

Used to be Cashmere Belgian sheepdogs. Just recently started playing again...not many people on this site anymore, it is kind of sad. I think I am friends with you on FB tho happy :)
 Little River Dog
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2014 3:40:18 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Dog Object to Post

Depending on who you are talking about, a lot of these people have left but can be found on facebook. I am friends with the TFT, Saint, Pointer, and Coonhound breeders who used to be on here often.

Sorry if this doesn't help.

-Ande @ Little River
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2014 2:06:35 PM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

I am recently returned to the game. I am sad to report that my wonderful little Beau has stopped running, as has his daughter, Holly. Beau lived a very active 12.5 years and was brought down by a sudden illness after his retirement from a brief agility career. He as able to get his NA, NAJ, and UAGI while he competed. His lovely daughter, Holly, was struck with vestibular disease that affected her CNS. She lived the last 20 months of her life as a pampered, if paraplegic, princess before falling permanently asleep in my arms one night. I miss them both terribly.

I'll be posting about Beau's two-year-old son, Who Dat, very soon, as well as another little TFT I currently have. With any kind of luck, we'll be doing some competitions in the not-too-distant future. I still have some of my other dogs, too, but I've been semi-retired from dog events for the past couple of years, for personal reasons. I did handle Glitter, my collie, to her RN, though. happy :)
 sscressa11
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2014 2:47:13 PM reply with quote send message to sscressa11 Object to Post

Aww. I'm so sorry for your loss loup. I can't wait to hear updates for your new ones and glitter.
And haha idk if we are friends or not. I do still have contact with toad the pug and brigadoon border collies, also some whippets breeders. wink ;)
 CashmereKnl
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2014 11:40:14 AM reply with quote send message to CashmereKnl Object to Post

^ I have Toad the pug happy :)
 me__0021
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2014 4:13:04 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

Loup I'm sorry to hear about your puppies. But interested in your experience of Vestibular disease. I have an elderly Golden Retriever with this. But thankfully he's gotten used to it, and the only sign now is his sightly cocked head, which makes him look vaguely quizzical. I'm glad it's not any worse, because I couldn't lift a paraplegic Golden!
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2014 1:45:59 PM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

I have a really hard time talking about Holly, since she was struck just a few days before what would have been her final dog show, since I had such high hopes for her recovery, and since i saw the little puppy that I held moments after birth in my hand fail by inches over a year. She was so brave and so beautiful and grabbed onto life until the final seconds--even now, months later, I'm tearing up.

All of my dogs sleep in their crates, with the exception of Who Dat (Beau's son) and Leela. Holly was rocking back and forth in her crate. I thought she was having hypoglycemia, which occasionally affects tiny dogs, and removed her from her crate to give her Karo syrup. That did not help. Her abdomen was rigid, but not bloated. I tried massaging her to help her relax and possibly pass gas, if we had caught her in early stages of bloat. There is only one emergency clinic, about two hours from my house. By the time I could have gotten there, our regular vet would have opened, so it was a matter of trying to relieve her symptoms while waiting for the vet to arrive at his office. After a few minutes, I noticed her eyes flicking from side to side, which i had never seen before.

After a short time she seemed to have a petit mal seizure, she was able to walk, but in circles, and seemed confused. She was holding her head to one side, like your Golden, so I thought maybe the flicking and head posture was from the seizure. I had never seen vestibular before and did not know what I was looking at. I got her to the vet as soon as he opened and he also made the same connection with the seizure that I did. She also seemed to be having some pain at that point, so he put her on something to control that (I'm sorry, I don't remember what it was offhand, but I do have it written down) and we decided to leave her in his care. We agreed that her life was not in danger at that point and that I should leave her with him when I went out of town. She loved her food and never left a meal untouched. She took her prednisone with as much grace as she could.

About 18 months into it, she had her final episode. Vestibular can and will recur in dogs that have had it. It tends to strike during the spring and the fall. Her eyes started flickering rapidly and she started seizing again. This time it was grand mal seizures. Of course, it was again in the middle of the night. I called the emergency clinic and said I was on my way as soon as I was dressed. As I got ready, though, it was clear that she wouldn't make it there. I gave her some predinsone to control the seizures and kept her comfortable. We snuggled on the couch and she slept in spurts, waking occasionally to bark at Death. She died in my arms about 90 minutes later, well before we would have arrived at the clinic. I feel comfortable with the decision of letting her die at home instead of driving madly to save her life when it seemed she had accepted her time on Earth was done. If anyone else feels otherwise, please keep it to yourself. The pain I feel when I look across the room and see her ashes, kept alongside Beau's ashes and the ashes of my roommate, is frequent and consuming.

That's about all I can offer. I'd do the same for any of my little dogs. I decided that I would have her euthanized if she ever seemed to be losing interest in life, but she never did. She was always happy to "see" me coming, with or without her food. She was a one-in-a-million dog and I'll never forget her.
 me__0021
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/12/2014 3:26:06 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

Thanks so much for that information and I'm so sorry for the loss of your Holly.

Our Phantom had his episode earlier this year. We thought he'd had a stroke. It must have happened in the middle of the night, as when we woke up he could not stand, and had vomited on the floor near where he was sleeping. He eventually managed to get his four legs sorted and went outside but had to be encouraged.
Throughout the rest of the day he was kept very quiet, and eventually the vet came for a house call, where, based on his flicking eyes she diagnosed vestibular disease.

He recovered quite quickly, in about 5 days he was back to attempting 3 legged pees!

I'm interested to hear that the disease reoccurs so will keep an eye on him. He's not very steady on his feet at the moment, but we think this is mostly due to progression in the arthritis that he suffers from. Despite all of this he continues to be quite the old man. If he gets 'left' in a part of the house (i.e. the family move to another room for another activity) he woofs and continues to do so until someone comes and gets him ... and he is quite demanding a meal times.

Hopefully this means a few more years yet, and a peaceful end here at home in our arms.
 Grandiose
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2014 8:41:52 PM reply with quote send message to Grandiose Object to Post

I check in here every now and then, but rarely. And haven't posted in a long long time.
I had (have) Pointers and Cardigan, used to post regularly here until I stopped playing.
The dogs can be followed on Facebook - pointers" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.facebook.com/grandiosepointers
Just don't have the time to keep up with things here anymore, and every time I check in on the forum, seems like everyone I used to know has moved on as well sad :(
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2014 10:30:07 PM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

I'm still here playing the game, and check in on posts when I can, but the difficulty in posting photos frustrates me so I rarely update here. We are up to 5 Berger Picards and 2 Ibizan hounds. Currently working on our 4th litter, and I bred both the parents so that is exciting indeed! Our youngest boy is growing up show-doggy, the judges love him and at 9 months he is pointed in AKC and has his UKC champion.
It is super easy to friend me on FB -Michele Fitzgerald.
 FowlShot
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 10:09:31 AM reply with quote send message to FowlShot Object to Post

I used to play under a few different SNs (SilverCreek, CaboodleIWS) but life just is too busy these days to keep up (FT job, dog shows most weekends, got married).

Anyone who remembers me will probably remember my Pugs, Dr. Pepper and Crickett (and maybe Chelsea).

Dr. Pepper is now 12.5 years old and is a spoiled rotten couch potato. He lost an eye in January to an eye ulcer that ruptured his cornea and he is almost entirely blind in the other eye following a corneal ulcer in that one. 11+ years without an ulcer and then he ulcerates both in a 3 month span... go figure.

Crickett is 9 and is as sassy as ever. She got her Grand Champion title last year and occasionally comes out as a veteran.

We also have her daughter Chelsea, who I think I posted about once, and Chelsea's nephew Sparrow, who was born with an eyelid malformation that required an enucleation of the eye when he was neutered. He's just our little housepet, but I adore him!

We also added a new puppy to the mix... a solid liver German Wirehaired Pointer. Meet "Skoal":

He's been shown only 2 weekends and has a major reserve, a 3 point major, and placed every day at both the National Specialty (2nd in Futurity, 2nd in Sweepstakes, 3rd in regular class) and Regional Specialty (2nd in Amateur Owner Handler Sweepstakes with my husband handling him, 2nd in regular class). He's very promising in the field as well - his breeder took him home from the national last week to hunt over him this past weekend and bagged two birds over him. Not bad for a 7 month old baby!

I check back in occasionally to read the forums, but don't even remember the login info for my previous accounts so I haven't posted in a year or more. I keep up with people mostly on FB these days.
 Cedar Creek Redbones
Basic User

Basic User
1/26/2015 7:08:42 PM reply with quote send message to Cedar Creek Redbones Object to Post

I have the Bluetick Coonhounds and used to post regularly. It's been months since I've logged in here.
The dogs are doing great.
Whisper finished 2014 as the #2 Bluetick and my Bred by Luna finished as the #4 Bluetick.
I am focusing on my other Bred by Reign this year, she has one of her majors and a few single points. I also now have an all blue american bluetick, he's 7 months old and already has 10pts with both of his majors. happy :)
If I ever find the motivation to post photos I will. Your more then welcome to fins me on Facebook.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/27/2015 12:03:00 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

I am still here basenji this kennel and border terrier in my other one, purrs_port. I have a dog who's my treasured rescue, also volunteer with a rescue group last several years, Dogs Without Borders.
I am even more type challenged as Sophies half on my lap. She is a terrier mix, was just 4 years old this month.
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 12:08:25 AM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Guiding Senjis
I am still here basenji this kennel and border terrier in my other one, purrs_port. I have a dog who's my treasured rescue, also volunteer with a rescue group last several years, Dogs Without Borders.
I am even more type challenged as Sophies half on my lap. She is a terrier mix, was just 4 years old this month.

Waving !!!
[URL=smg.photobucket.com/user/Purrson/media/2014-08/020A2EBE-7EFC-4C76-858D-DAB031893D06.jpg.html][IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Purrson/2014-08/020A2EBE-7EFC-4C76-858D-DAB031893D06.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

-----
Last edited by Purrs_Port on 1/27/2015 12:11:39 AM
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 12:13:07 AM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

posted by Purrs_Port
posted by Guiding Senjis

Waving !!!

-----
Last edited by Purrs_Port on 1/27/2015 12:11:39 AM

BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 4:35:14 AM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi, I'm here, well, I'm back - Blackfrost, Khepera Rising Sun, Celtic Fire, Black Lotus. I used to be on all the time with a friend who was one of the Siberian breeders, though she's mostly on FB these days.
And I've just my one Shiba girl now, RL has changed a lot for us, but my son and I found our way back here even so happy :)

LoupGarou, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for sharing that, though your story brought me to tears.

That's our Shiba:

-----
Last edited by BlackFrost on 1/27/2015 4:36:16 AM
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/27/2015 1:36:10 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Sorry am bad judging pic size. Frost we run into someone at local park with a Shibu Inu all the time. And Loup my heart goes for your losses. Gives me shivers.
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2015 9:19:59 AM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

I've been off a while also. I have Bailey, the 15 inch beagle
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2015 10:56:15 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

I show German Shepherd Dogs. Molly finished her Grand Championship this past summer and this January we bred her (waiting to see if it took). Seelie and Bug are doing great. Seelie was BOS in his futurity and Bug was Reserve Female in her futurity. Seelie also picked up his first points this past fall (Long coat and all). The sister (to Seelie and Bug) that I co-own was 3rd place teenage female in her futurity and showed very well over the fall. Codie (Molly, Seelie, Bug and Stamps sire) went out for 6 weeks with his handler and ended up doing really well with some juniors in junior handling. Unfortunatly we just finished having surgery on his ear, as it was badly torn in a dog fight.

krisk

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.