Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Why can't I breed my bitches?
 Wild Wind Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/13/2014 10:20:42 PM reply with quote send message to Wild Wind Kennels Object to Post   

I have 2 bitches,
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13178723
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13324878

That both have 5 day old puppies on the ground, yet I can't breed them. What's the deal?

Thanks!
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2014 1:02:00 AM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

im pretty new here, but this happened to me to and i just went to stud dogs and clicked breed to this stud and then it gave me the option to breed to the bitches that the breed button wouldnt pop up on.
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2014 4:23:58 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

I think it's 6 days.
 Grand Strand Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2014 6:05:32 AM reply with quote send message to Grand Strand Kennels Object to Post

Did you check the times? Sometimes you have to wait up to 5 hours to breed them, even after their pups are at the age of 5.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2014 6:06:10 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Opps, posted from the wrong kennel! That was me haha^^^^^
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2014 11:15:44 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Yes, sometimes it depends on the hours the pups were born.
Also, you can't have more than 10 pregnancies in a kennel.
It can also depend on the male you're using - I've had males show up as 30 days, tried to breed females and it won't go through. When looking at the male's page, he is actually 29 days for a few more hours, then I was able to breed them.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.