Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Judge Calculator
 me__0021
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/16/2014 4:26:11 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi,
I have an excel spreadsheet from a million years ago, that you put the dogs scores into, and it worked out, using judge preferences which the best judge for your dogs were (in fact it ranked all judges).

I'm wondering if there is such a thing, but updates to reflect new judges. I'm a little excel savy, but not enough to alter the spreadsheet I have ... although I'm considering enlisting the help of my students.

If anyone wants a look at it I'm happy to share, just send me a PM.

Jessica

-----
Last edited by me__0021 on 9/17/2014 5:53:54 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2014 10:42:13 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Would be great if I could read. laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 9/16/2014 10:43:03 AM
 sngpugs
Basic User

Basic User
9/17/2014 9:43:55 AM reply with quote send message to sngpugs Object to Post

I wondered if anyone still had that. Lost it about 3 computers ago lol. I am completely excel illiterate but have been thinking about taking a class to learn just so I can make my own since Duna isn't here anymore to walk me through it. laugh :D
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2014 12:03:42 AM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

I wouldn't mind taking a look at it for you if you like happy :)

Lindsey
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/29/2014 3:43:41 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

I've sent a Version-1 revision to Jessica.

Please feel free to ask her for a copy for critiquing or message me and I’ll send you a copy too. It’s a shortened version for testing and only accommodates three judges although you can copy and paste the block to add more judges if you wish.

Note – this version uses the old-ratings although it seems to work ok with the new ones but you have to modify the number format to display the additional decimal in the new ratings.

I’m more than willing to collaborate.

Enjoy!

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio4 on 9/29/2014 3:44:37 PM
 Great Greys
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2014 11:27:09 PM reply with quote send message to Great Greys Object to Post

The old spreadsheet we had circulating around a few years ago didn't take into account things like; owner handler, sex or political preferences. If someone has tracked those datum and is able to weight it in a spreadsheet that would be a significant resource for current players.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2014 12:54:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

If someone wants to start a discussion about weighting these elements I'm willing to try to work them into the revised version.

Right now I'm just trying to bring it up to date and perhaps make it more user friendly.
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 2:19:05 AM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

If someone wants to send me an old sheet for what you have so far, I'm a bit of an excel wiz.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/28/2015 1:21:21 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I have an updated version which I haven't heard any comments about lately. I'm happy to send it along to anyone who's interested but I would like some feedback.

I've tried to remove the editing of formulas so that to maintain it all you have to do is add and remove judges. I'll bring it up to date again and send it out. PM your real email.

(It's in version "2003/97" although I can upgrade it to "2010" I it is but I like to keep it in the lowest common denominator for now.)

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 1/28/2015 1:27:16 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/2/2015 8:59:57 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Just to let everyone know, I haven't forgotten, well it slips in and out, but I will get onto it - it's just been a difficult month.
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
2/2/2015 9:04:49 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

Thanks! Let me know when you can send that file.
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2015 12:51:45 AM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

I had one made years ago but with all the changes I kind of fell out of the loop. ?? just starting back playing.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.